AUDI A3 8P 2010 RELAY SWITCH DIAGRAM. (For new xenon Headlights)

HarveW

Reaction score
Hi.

I currently have standard Audi Halogen headlights in my car. But I have got my self a pair of xenon headlights
search
+ the wiring adaptors and harness/loom
search
. But there are a few cables that need to go into the switch relay I believe, but Im not sure what pin to terminate the wires into. there are multiple big switches and I have no clue what does what. Just wondering does anyone have any diagram for my AUDI TECHNIK 1.6

Attachments

• xenon.jpg
    xenon.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 408
  • 36752-adapter-bi-xenon-scheinwerfer-fuer-audi-a3-8p-8pa-facelift-1tu8TfgHJirTIn_600x600.jpg
    36752-adapter-bi-xenon-scheinwerfer-fuer-audi-a3-8p-8pa-facelift-1tu8TfgHJirTIn_600x600.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 473
In Dutch but a translator should do the job :)

Attachments

• Ombouw Audi 8P van halogeen naar bi (1).pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 641
Reactions: HarveW
In Dutch but a translator should do the job :)

Hi thank you so much for getting back to me!

Slight problem of course haha. The guide would be very useful if it was the same in my car :p. My control box is completley different. My old car where I got the headlights from, have the control box as the link you sent me shows. Which the previous owner must have followed.

By any chance would you know where I would find the diagram for my car? The images below I just took in my car. That the control box that I have. And I added the picture of what the guide shows that you sent me.

Once again thank you for getting back to me!!

Attachments

• my relay.jpg
    my relay.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 1,795
  • my relay 2.jpg
    my relay 2.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 508
  • my relay 3.jpg
    my relay 3.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 502
  • AUDI relay.png
    AUDI relay.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,220
Last edited:
Ah, you got a BCM (Body Control Module). That is the electronic "heart" of the car.
The manual is for a pre-facelift, they dont have a BCM. The BCM was introduced somewhere in MY08.

Sure I can take a look on ElsaWin for you for the correct diagram. Ill get back to you.

Ah, you got a BCM (Body Control Module). That is the electronic "heart" of the car.
The manual is for a pre-facelift, they dont have a BCM. The BCM was introduced somewhere in MY08.

Sure I can take a look on ElsaWin for you for the correct diagram. Ill get back to you.

I can't thank you enough mate. I too have ElsaWin installed on my computer. But I can never get it to work properly. I always seem to run into an error or a "locked" message. Not muuch online about it either.

Do you know if if this will also need coding once installed?
Also the light switch I have taken out of my old car is slightly differnet to my current car. (My old car being AUDI A3 2009 1.6 SPORT) and my current (Audi A3 2010 Technik 1.6)

The first 2 photos I have uploaded are from my old car.

And the other 2 photos are what is currently installed in my car. Not much difference except theres an extra plug on my current car. And there is an extra symbol on the old switch.

I plugged the cables into the old switch leaving the extra plug out. My car didnt like that all and kept all the lights on. I assume for safety meassure.

Attachments

• OLD switch.jpg
    OLD switch.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 517
  • old switch 2.jpg
    old switch 2.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 430
  • current switch.jpg
    current switch.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 378
  • current switch 2.jpg
    current switch 2.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 400
I think you'll can sort it out with this one, if you need anything else just name it :)

The extra plug on your lightswitch is for the lightsensor I believe, I'm not sure. I'm at work now so can't really check it out properly. I will take a better look tonight.

Attachments

• Headlights_Diagram_LED.pdf
    732.5 KB · Views: 509
I think you'll can sort it out with this one, if you need anything else just name it :)

The extra plug on your lightswitch is for the lightsensor I believe, I'm not sure. I'm at work now so can't really check it out properly. I will take a better look tonight.

Hi,

Thank you for the help. Ive printed the diagrams out and put them together makes it a bit easier to work out :p. Basically I have to replicate what is done at this step
AUDI relay

Onto my BCM, as we discovered it was completley different with the plugs etc. Are there any diagram of both of the BCM's so I can put them side by essentially and see what goes where. Because I have these 2 cables (assuming 1 for the left headlight and the other for the right headlight) That go to the BCM. I just need to know where on my BCM. (being the photo below) Your diagrams you sent me first showed me where to terminate the wires in which pin. but now I need to know where to put it in on my current BCM (photo below)
Once again thank you for the help mate much appreciated!! :)
My relay 3

Attachments

• diagram.jpg
    diagram.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 419
Hey mate, maybe this comes in handy for you.

T52a, T52b and T52c are the three big connectors on your BCM.
When you disconnect them there should be a letter stamped on the black plastic somewhere next to it indicating which connector is what :).

If you need anything else, please let me know.

Attachments

• Bi-Xenon HID Headlights (BCM).pdf
    731.1 KB · Views: 299
Hey mate, maybe this comes in handy for you.

T52a, T52b and T52c are the three big connectors on your BCM.
When you disconnect them there should be a letter stamped on the black plastic somewhere next to it indicating which connector is what :).

If you need anything else, please let me know.

Can’t thank you enough mate, i will take a look at it when I get home. Now I just need to work out what cable goes into what pin :D

I’m assuming it’s not the same as the other BCM. For example “Plug - A Pin 7”

Can’t thank you enough mate, i will take a look at it when I get home. Now I just need to work out what cable goes into what pin :D

I’m assuming it’s not the same as the other BCM. For example “Plug - A Pin 7”

Nah, the older BCM uses alot of connectors (A untill H or something with a total of 12/16 pins each).
The new BCM only has connector A to C (all three use 52 pins).

On the diagram you can see imprints like "T52b/4" for example, this means that you need Connector B of the 52 Pins connectors, plugging into PIN 4.
But if you never disconnect the BCM module nor disconnected any terminals in there it's best to have someone with you who knows what he is doing. You can **** up quite easily when not using the right tools there :)

Anyway, good luck mate!