Audi A3 8P B Pillar repairs

lalu

Reaction score
Hello. The B pillars are seriously peeling and I’m wanting to sand them back and spray them.

My understanding is the 8P generation have torx screws (please correct me if I’m wrong!) will these come out nicely for me to put back in? Or do I need to buy more? I read that with the rivets they get lost when taken out wondering if these are the same.

In terms of the name of the torx screws - are they known as 8P2863273 or can I search under something else?

TIA

Attachments

• A7E8BDD4-DB71-4032-99A8-56EE0735419E.jpeg
    A7E8BDD4-DB71-4032-99A8-56EE0735419E.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 136
They're riveted on behind the door seal & the other side slides into retaining lugs so to speak.

Just buy the later gloss black ones, time & paint adds up against the finish, quality of the audi ones.

Reactions: pelhamsdetailing
I changed mine on my 8p, not a hard job. Rivets drilled out and new one on in about 20 minutes.

Reactions: L1ARR
I'm thinking I'll give wrapping them a go. I
Hello. The B pillars are seriously peeling and I’m wanting to sand them back and spray them.

My understanding is the 8P generation have torx screws (please correct me if I’m wrong!) will these come out nicely for me to put back in? Or do I need to buy more? I read that with the rivets they get lost when taken out wondering if these are the same.

In terms of the name of the torx screws - are they known as 8P2863273 or can I search under something else?

TIA
I've got the same thing going on with my 8P, but I'm thinking of wrapping mine and I would like to believe that I can get away without removing them (though I have not tried yet). Just curious - had you (or anyone else) considered wrapping yours by any chance?