Audi A3 8P Dynamic Indicator Project

Dynamic Indicators on A3 8P?

• Total voters
And there is one comment where the guy asked how he did it, he gets a response with a link that’s in Japanese and with pictures.

Maybe you didn't see rest of his movies, but after few month he got an error:

Great job, I am working right now on such an upgrade as well!

Following from now on, interesting.

There is a party in Germanny who sells their own DRL Dynamic blinker head and teallights + mirror blinker.
But they are expensive af.

Reactions: Kayobong and samuelh_888
Hi, i got spare taillights for cheap on ebay, can anyone tell me what i need to get to build this by myself.

Hi, i got spare taillights for cheap on ebay, can anyone tell me what i need to get to build this by myself.

1. Get yourself a LED strip, you can also buy a dynamic led strip from AliExpress.

2. Put the taillight in the oven so the glue between will melt and you are able to seperate the two parts.

2.1 Then first make sure your LED strip works by connecting it to ground and conecting is to the blinker +

3. To not get any errors on your dash I would just tape the original bulb off and leave it there.
4. If you are sure the blinker works just hot glue the thing in your light and put it together again..

If you would like to do it the neat way you can get yourself a controller and instead of connecting the LED strip to the + of the blinker connecting is to your Arduino controller and program is to dynamic blink the LED.

Reactions: Emir Demirovski
1. Get yourself a LED strip, you can also buy a dynamic led strip from AliExpress.

2. Put the taillight in the oven so the glue between will melt and you are able to seperate the two parts.

2.1 Then first make sure your LED strip works by connecting it to ground and conecting is to the blinker +

3. To not get any errors on your dash I would just tape the original bulb off and leave it there.
4. If you are sure the blinker works just hot glue the thing in your light and put it together again..

If you would like to do it the neat way you can get yourself a controller and instead of connecting the LED strip to the + of the blinker connecting is to your Arduino controller and program is to dynamic blink the LED.

Thank you very much ! I will update on what way i chose.

Reactions: EvilSmurph
Just done this mod with partial success, got it working then kept getting error on dash,
Could this be due to low car battery voltage?
I left the original turn signal bulb in to avoid resistance issues..

Just managed to re-solder the lights to get the dynamic indicators to work - however my whole light seems to have packed in - got water in them :(( I will need to buy new lights - is there anywhere that offers fully sealed units with the dynamic light strips in?
Or if not ill go back to what I had..

I have just bought new light units from Euro car parts in the end. Don't think pre-assembled tail lights with dynamic indicators exist.
On the other hand, I am tempted to solder the light strip onto the circuit board of the new lights but don't want to disassemble the lens again as Im worried Ill get water in them again. Anyone know if this is in fact possible?

I have just bought new light units from Euro car parts in the end. Don't think pre-assembled tail lights with dynamic indicators exist.
On the other hand, I am tempted to solder the light strip onto the circuit board of the new lights but don't want to disassemble the lens again as Im worried Ill get water in them again. Anyone know if this is in fact possible?

If the taillight with dynamic blinker did exist this mod would be not necassery bud :D.

No they dont exist (yet).

Actually there is a member on here that has been creating dynamic taill lights very informative post

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Actually there is a member on here that has been creating dynamic taill lights very informative post

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I would be keen for that! I have managed to solder the light strip on but then couldn't make them waterproof again :(

Can I ask to anyone who has successfully done this mod - how did you get power to the light strip? does it have to go through a relay?

Can I ask to anyone who has successfully done this mod - how did you get power to the light strip? does it have to go through a relay?

Looking at ElsaWin you can just splice into PIN3 (black/white) for the + feed and on PIN5 (brown) for the earth.
I've tested it and it works. You've just got to place a resistance because otherwise the BCM will notice that the bulb is "gone". Just like when placing LED licenseplate lights.

photo-2020-10-27-13-37-30.jpg

photo-2020-10-27-13-37-36.jpg

I've just tested it because I got two AliExpress dynamic strips laying around. It works and it won't show up on the dash as a 'broken' light. Thing is these strips are not "slim" so could not really got them to fit the lamp but it was all for testing now. I also didnt got the two halves apart, just fed them through the holes for testing purposes.

I will order better LED strips later but as I'm in the middle of moving to my first bought house I got other things keeping me busy atm :).

Looking at ElsaWin you can just splice into PIN3 (black/white) for the + feed and on PIN5 (brown) for the earth.
I've tested it and it works. You've just got to place a resistance because otherwise the BCM will notice that the bulb is "gone". Just like when placing LED licenseplate lights.

I've just tested it because I got two AliExpress dynamic strips laying around. It works and it won't show up on the dash as a 'broken' light. Thing is these strips are not "slim" so could not really got them to fit the lamp but it was all for testing now. I also didnt got the two halves apart, just fed them through the holes for testing purposes.

I will order better LED strips later but as I'm in the middle of moving to my first bought house I got other things keeping me busy atm :).

I have just received my new lights. I have to use the original backing plate that holds the bulbs. Thing is I soldered my LED strip into this plate. Could this cause an issue with the light feed? Or am I best taking it out? Im paranoid as I don't want to potentially ruin my new lights..

IMG 4266
IMG 4280

I have just received my new lights. I have to use the original backing plate that holds the bulbs. Thing is I soldered my LED strip into this plate. Could this cause an issue with the light feed? Or am I best taking it out? Im paranoid as I don't want to potentially ruin my new lights..

View attachment 211377 View attachment 211378

Shouldn’t be a problem mate. But when you take out the orange bulb it will give you a dash warning or your turn signal just wont work in total.

Youll need to put a resistance between the + feed and your led + feed so the BCM thinks your bulb is still in there.

Thanks, I have actually left the orange bulb in there - it wasn't really bothering me so left it. Only issue I have now is - how do I get the LED strip on the lens of my new lights without taking the lens off...

Shouldn’t be a problem mate. But when you take out the orange bulb it will give you a dash warning or your turn signal just wont work in total.

Youll need to put a resistance between the + feed and your led + feed so the BCM thinks your bulb is still in there.

So you think i don't need a relay? my worry is that i break my lights by installing it this way, the led light strip doesn't have a controller box

I have just found out why I was struggling with this retrofit. 2 separate issues.

One of the resisters on the light strip seems to have burned out - not sure how common this is and how to avoid this happening again - bought them cheap on eBay (perhaps not the best quality).
IMG 4427
IMG 4430

My LED tail light had also stopped working on that side - found out the LED conversion connector had corrosion in it?! Has that happened to anyone and how to avoid that? Checked the other side for comparison and didn't look as bad - could this have been the result of me trying to install these light strips?

Thanks for helping me troubleshoot.

No real way of stopping corosion. Try to get all holes sealed well. It's just water that runs up the cable into the connector. So get all your pins out and clean the ******* :D

Cleaned the connector but still didn't work - ended up having to cut the connector out and make my own connections in the end. Works again now, thanks

anyone know if its possible to replace the brake light bulbs with LED ones? Or will this throw up error code?

These are custom made, I will be selling them very soon. I'll provide more info when I'm ready to sell.
Hi! Any chance you have completed this and could do for me? Definitely wanting this please

Hi! Any chance you have completed this and could do for me? Definitely wanting this please
He didn't I sent him some cash to be a "guinea pig" in the making of them, all the excuses under the sun, wouldn't refund. So tracked his house down place of work, and I was passing Preston soon as well tbh, got the money back. Another guy sent him a complete set of lights, can't recall if he ever got them back.

Not sure why you want them anyway, round here in the south most cars have them so they are just the norm, even ****** range rovers :)
soon it will be really original to have flashing indicators.

Not sure why you want them anyway, round here in the south most cars have them so they are just the norm, even ****** range rovers :)
soon it will be really original to have flashing indicators.
Modification, some of us still like doing it ;)

Reactions: paddy
try and think of something original, modifying to make it the same as everyone else is not really a modification :)
Hardly any A3 8P with this, so it is a modification, you won't change my mind ;)

If you indicators flash people will say Wow !! an 8p.

Lets face it the 8p looks miles better than the 8V anyway.

Get yourself some TT air vents..at least then you can see your mod when you are driving. :cool:

I totally agree on both mods you see when driving hence I've done what I have. (link in sig)
Also I mod a car for myself, no-one else

Was the code ever posted for this. Or more information on the project? Seems to have died out

Reactions: LEE69