Audi a3 8p heated seats not working.

TheRedA3

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I retrofited electric heated seats to my audi a3 8p 2012. I bought looms from kufatec and wired in using there instruction. Im able to move the electric seats but no heat. I attached a picture of the loom pin instructions. If you need anymore info i can post or reply. Please help me get heat lol.

Thanks
Charlie 07482454956

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190614-110057_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20190614-110057_Drive.jpg
    375.9 KB · Views: 384
I would imagine they would need to be coded in ?

Heated seats in the 8P A3 don’t need coding. As long as you have the correct climate control and the wiring done properly with a fuse you will get heat.
Kufatec looms are always wired for LHD cars which means when you turn on the UK drivers side the passenger side seat will warm up. You can test this in the measuring blocks in VCDS under the HVAC control module.
If it’s not working it’s due to your wiring or faulty seats (highly unlikely it’s both seats)

Heated seats in the 8P A3 don’t need coding. As long as you have the correct climate control and the wiring done properly with a fuse you will get heat.
Kufatec looms are always wired for LHD cars which means when you turn on the UK drivers side the passenger side seat will warm up. You can test this in the measuring blocks in VCDS under the HVAC control module.
If it’s not working it’s due to your wiring or faulty seats (highly unlikely it’s both seats)

Thanks for your reply ash,
How can i make sure ive got the correct unit for sure? Also will double check wiring any tips for finding incorrect wiring. How can i change the wiring so when i turn on the drivers side the seats gets heat. I contracted kufatec they aint the best of help.
Also in what number module in vcds is the HVAC? Thanks Charlie

Hello all,

My orginal part number is 8P0820043BM XHA and new part number is 8P0820043BN XHA, the closest nunber i could get. Is this my problem? Thanks Charlie

Hello all,
I put it the car vcds today. Got theses fault codes from the heated seats;
01854 - heated seats right z46
012 electric fault in circuit.
Photos attached.

I used a volt metre to check all wires under seats and also behind climate control. Couldn't find any fault. Someome please help. Can pay for assistance.

Thanks Charlie

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190617-191734_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190617-191734_Gallery.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 246
  • Screenshot_20190617-191850_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190617-191850_Gallery.jpg
    989.5 KB · Views: 308
Why not book your car in with @Ash187 and get it done correctly once and for all then no problems , be the best pennies you spend , plus he is London