Audi A3 8P passenger side window problem

Shram

Reaction score
Hi, my Audi A3 8P 5 door passenger side window likes to go down randomly when I’m driving around. I can’t think what’s causing this. Anyone know what this might be?

Does it fall down a little or does it power feed open?

If power feed then it could be as simple as a failing window switch, try disconnecting the passenger window switch and driver side switch and see if the issue persists

Reactions: NHN
Yeah I'm thinking its the switch on either side causing this if regulator isn't broken.

Reactions: aqibi2000
Yeah so the regulator seems to be fine, the window doesnt just drop down, it winds properly. Im not sure which switch isnt working though because when the window goes down sometimes the driver side doesnt wind it up either. Really not too sure what to do

Had similar issues with my 8P rear window (on a cab) what i did was take the door cards off unplug and clean all the connectors ,i used isopropyl with cotton buds ,re plugged everything and all is fine,basicaly it only takes a dirty connection to cause issues ..It's something you can do yourself and at the end of it you will be a expert at taking door cards off ..

Had similar issues with my 8P rear window (on a cab) what i did was take the door cards off unplug and clean all the connectors ,i used isopropyl with cotton buds ,re plugged everything and all is fine,basicaly it only takes a dirty connection to cause issues ..It's something you can do yourself and at the end of it you will be a expert at taking door cards off ..
I reckon ill give that a try then, ill let you know how it goes