Audi a3 8P spoiler put on...newbie needs advises from pro.

H88

Reaction score
Hi people

Recently I purchased an A3 8P and this is my first Audi. I am planning to make my car looks like S line model and the first thing I am going to do is add on the s-line spoiler. I bough a replica S3 spoiler from eBay for £90 included shipping. However when I bring the spoiler to the body shop today,the guy just told me. This is a tough job as the spoiler is not bolt on,I may have to use glue to stick it on.....

I wonder if you guy have done the same or you have another way to put the spoiler on?This question maybe stupid but please understand that I am a newbie :)))Any help will be much appreciated.

Thank you

Just bond it with Sikaflex or Tiger Seal. Easy job. If your bodyshop are saying this is a tough job I wouldn't be trusting them with painting it, they sound lame!

Go to a different body shop!!

easy job, tell them to use something like sikaflex or tigerseal. Once bonded and dry the spoiler will not come of. You will need to use masking tape to hold down the ends until the adhesive has cured.

But if you have taken it to a half decent body shop, they should know all this already.

Just bond it with Sikaflex or Tiger Seal. Easy job. If your bodyshop are saying this is a tough job I wouldn't be trusting them with painting it, they sound lame!

Lol Tim, you read my thoughts, you must have posted just as I did! Haha

I would defo use a different body shop if they say this is a tough job, even my 14 month old boy could probably do it.

OK people.I appreciated your advises. However I think its too late to go to different body shops as I left it there this morning for painting already :((Hopefully the guy wont mess it up as I am looking forward to see this on my car :)))

Lol Tim, you read my thoughts, you must have posted just as I did! Haha

laugh.gif

I HAD MY SPOILER put on with tiger seal and left over night collected in morning job done no probelms

Ok I will tell the guy when I come in to have it fit on my car :))

is yours a 3door or 5door (sportback)?
i see your in lewisham?? i only work down the road from you in Goldsmiths :)

Hi

My is 3 doors sportback,are you serious that you are working in goldsmith?I have friends went to that uni before.I like that way you mods the car. Must have spent tons of money on that ))

yh i havent been there long but thats where i am.
oh and its either a 3 door or a sportback lol but its kool

we should meet up... could tempt you into spending stupid amounts of money on needless must have mods :p

Hahaha my bad,its a 3 doors sport :)))Car has been my number 1 interest for years but because my car is high mileages so I dont want to spend tons of money like you guys into the car mods :))I dont mind meeting up with you :)))I may have a chance to learn lots of things about car from you :)

Any of you guys know if a s line 3 door spoiler will be a straight fit onto a 5 door sport back?

I've always thought the eBay spoilers look really hit-and-miss. Can anyone vouch for any reputable sellers on eBay with decent quality S-line replicas?

I recently did this mod on my car, was lucky enough to source a genuine s3 spoiler with brake light. I also took the chance of drilling my tailgate and bonding it instead of removing the lugs from the spoiler. had perfect results and can honestly say that i may of gone slightly overboard with the bonding but on the up side the spoiler will never come off. just hope i never have the need to remove it for any reason.

Done this with both my 3dr and my current sport back used tiger seal bought from eBay that stuff is serious my cousin held onto it whilst rollerblading in my uncles private land works fine lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk