Audi A3 8P

crazyjay91

If in Doubt, FLAT OUT!
Reaction score
I've got a feeling I know that answer to this question, but I wanted a second opinion before spending out cash.

I've got a 2004 Audi A3 8P chassis.
The aircon didn't work when I got the car (the Econ button stayed on constantly). So I had it regassed and hey presto, the econ button now goes off. BUT, it doesn't blow cold at all. I understand that the compressor has the clutch built into the back of it.
When turning the econ button on and off the bolt in the centre of the pulley on the compressor doesn't move at all. I checked to see if I could tighten this up at all but it just doesn't do up. I've checked all fuses and these look fine. I'm going to check the electrical feed to the compressor this weekend, but apart from that does anybody have any other advice before I go and purchase a new compressor?

Thank you in advance guys!

I've got a feeling I know that answer to this question, but I wanted a second opinion before spending out cash.

I've got a 2004 Audi A3 8P chassis.
The aircon didn't work when I got the car (the Econ button stayed on constantly). So I had it regassed and hey presto, the econ button now goes off. BUT, it doesn't blow cold at all. I understand that the compressor has the clutch built into the back of it.
When turning the econ button on and off the bolt in the centre of the pulley on the compressor doesn't move at all. I checked to see if I could tighten this up at all but it just doesn't do up. I've checked all fuses and these look fine. I'm going to check the electrical feed to the compressor this weekend, but apart from that does anybody have any other advice before I go and purchase a new compressor?

Thank you in advance guys!

Have it scanned with vcds to see if anything is holding it out on the control circuit

Ideally whack a set of gauges on it and see what happens when you switch in the compressor (econ off) -> you'd expect to see a pressure differential if the compressor is working.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk