*Audi A3 8P3 Glove Box Hinge Broken Help Please!*

dany2k

Reaction score
Hi all,
I've had a broken glove box hinge for a few weeks now, and finally took the plunge to attempt the DIY fix this afternoon.

However, I'm seriously struggling with following what appears to be a very well-received guide that's been posted time and time again on the forums - http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/broken-glove-box-hinge.155564/

I've removed the glovebox from the car, and with that I'm stuck. I can't for the life of me work out how to remove the pins!

My car is a 8P3 on a 2009 plate.

I've added photos of 1) the broken hinge and 2) & 3) where the pin is situated on either side.

I really hope somebody can shed some light on this, otherwise I'll be driving around with no glovebox haha
20140927 161105
20140927 161128
20140927 161140

It knocks through, it doesn't look like it will but it does

It knocks through, it doesn't look like it will but it does

Hi Lukeyb,
I've had another go at this: I still cannot for the life of me work out where I'm going wrong. Any other guide, I'd be in and out in no time. Please do have a look at the photo I've just added now: exactly what am I supposed to be doing? And yes, the butchered hinge is my efforts so far over the course of hours today lol! :(
20140927 2112401

Cheers,

Dan

Go to the inside, there is a tiny little slit in the interior flock, knock the pin through with a punch

Go to the inside, there is a tiny little slit in the interior flock, knock the pin through with a punch

Had to give up the ghost on this one... I couldn't for the life of me work out how to remove the pins! I wish the next person trying this on an 8P3 glovebox all the luck in the world lol. Araldite was my friend with the repair :)