Facelift AUDI A3 8V - Armrest Container / Phone Box Removal

q2us3r

Reaction score
Hi all,

Very soon I will be trying a phone box retrofit, I have all the genuine parts. Any tips on how to remove the old armrest container? I am able to remove the center console (where all the MMI controls are located), but how do I remove the hard plastic trim that goes around the edges of the armrest container and around the center console? I assume I will have to also remove the actual armrest? also, any tips on the best way to route the cables all the way to behind the MMI?

Thanks in advance!

Complete centre console out job. Remove controls, remove rear air vent, remove armrest, remove all bolts, slide console to the rear while lifting. Once out, turn upside down and you will see the 4 screws that secure the “tub”.

Many thanks @DJAlix - great instructions! any advice on the best way to route the cables from the phone box to the back of the MMI? would I need to remove any extra panels around the heating controls area or could I squeeze my hand/arm through the gaps to route the cables?

Thanks @DJAlix - managed to do it this weekend, was a right pain removing the whole center console, but it was exactly like you described in your steps, once out the rest was straightforward, wireless charging working without causing any damage! :D

Reactions: DJAlix