Audi A3 8V (sway bar creak)?

7v7

Reaction score
Hi, I own A3 8V '13 2.0TDI and recently I have problem with "creaking" front sway bar. It creaks when I pass speed bumps (I usually drive over them pretty slowly). According to my mechanic, problem is in bushes (rubber part on left and right side of sway bar) which has worn out.

My question is, is it possible to change only bushes on sway bar, or I have to replace whole bar? He says that it is not possible to change (or buy) only bushes since they are "pressed" and cannot be pushed out. Is that correct? Or companies like Poweflex do make only bushes?

Thanks in advance!
Screenshot 20210926 163511 WhatsApp

Last edited:
I recently had this issue and thought is was anti roll bar bushes which can be bought and changed easily. My creaking was coming from the front lower arm rear bushes, easy fix soaked them with silicone spray and a month on still quiet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 7v7
Thanks for answer! Good advice, will try silicone spray, but noise from my car comes from both sides only on speed bumps, so I'm 99% sure the problem is in those bushes. But the thing that worries me is that I cannot find spare ones nowhere, only the whole sway bar...

Thanks for answer! Good advice, will try silicone spray, but noise from my car comes from both sides only on speed bumps, so I'm 99% sure the problem is in those bushes. But the thing that worries me is that I cannot find spare ones nowhere, only the whole sway bar...

I had noise from both sides as well and I had tried lubing the roll bar bushes but it made no difference, then I read somewhere that the void bush in the rear of the lower arm causes the noise. I took the front wheels off so I could see where to spray and soaked them from top and bottom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 7v7