Facelift AUDI A3 8V TDI - Turbo Elbow

BenjaminCalveley

Reaction score
Hello!

So I've been searching and searching for some light on a Highflow Turbo Elbow for an Audi A3 8V 2.0TDI 2015, holding a stock turbo.

I'm interested in buying the MST Induction kit but I don't see the point if I cant also change the Turbo Elbow as that is restricting the job of the bigger air flow pipes from the MST Induction Kit.

I can only find high flow turbo elbows that in the description states only TSI and TFSI, never have I seen one say comparable with TDI.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated as I'm taking my cat for its second tweek at Darkside Performance and would like to go there with either a solution to this matter or price of mind knowing there was nothing I could do.

Kind regards guys!

If you're going to Dark side development I'd ask them to fit one If one is available then I bet they'll be the guys to do it.

To be honest if you have any luck let me know as I couldn't locate one either

I've just read over my post and I've put "cat " and "price". Haha auto spell check is bad!

In regards to your comment scotty I'll keep everything posted on here, I might take a few risks and just buy a few elbows that look different size wise and give them a try.

Reactions: Scotty75
Quick update,

So I've recent purchased a MST Air intake with dry air filter & heat shield and fits pretty neat. Only fall back is that I still have the stock turbo elbow and intake pipes on :puke2:

I did order the full MST air intake kit before this kit and came with a turbo elbow and the Male insert that fits into the turbo was WAYY to big (that's what she said) but I've just been looking online again for a work around and have came across something pretty interesting. If I could get some opinions from you fellow peeps that would be amazing.

Workaround-

In the image with the MTC logo and red silicone pipe, this elbow male part that fits Into the turbo looks HUGE (looks similar to the one I received with the MST kit last time).

On the other hand, look at the size different with this one that MST actually supply as a kit. Theres a comparison with the stock elbow vs their elbow and the Male insert does look like it may fit!

Even though it doesn't state suitable for TDI the size difference says different!

If anyone could shed some light on any possibilities that this may work please comment and this may persuade me to just buy it and try it.

Pleasure to keep you guys in the loop!

I've uploaded some pictures for you guys to have a look too, I do apologise that they're screenshots but I cannot upload the actual photo (file too large).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200309-220347_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20200309-220347_eBay.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 136
  • Screenshot_20200309-220334_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20200309-220334_eBay.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 123
  • Screenshot_20200309-222119_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200309-222119_Gallery.jpg
    271.5 KB · Views: 129
  • Screenshot_20200309-222130_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200309-222130_Gallery.jpg