Audi A3 bkd rear calliper sticking

JAYJAYB

Reaction score
I have problems with the rear near side calliper sticking.
I replaced this with a new calliper and then took out the slider pins cleaned them up and greased them with the correct grease I purchased. It’s better but is still sticking and generates heat.
I can wind back the piston on the calliper but I’m not sure why it’s sticking as there it winds back easy. And I thought either the calliper or the pins are the only 2 things to cause the sticking. Any advice or help would be appreciated on this please.

Sometimes a collapsed flexi hose will allow brake fluid to be forced into the piston under pedal pressure but will not allow it to freely flow back out. If you Jack the wheel up, spin the wheel and it is binding, try loosening the bleed nipple. If that releases the brake, it’s more than likely a faulty hose.

I have problems with the rear near side calliper sticking.
I replaced this with a new calliper and then took out the slider pins cleaned them up and greased them with the correct grease I purchased. It’s better but is still sticking and generates heat.
I can wind back the piston on the calliper but I’m not sure why it’s sticking as there it winds back easy. And I thought either the calliper or the pins are the only 2 things to cause the sticking. Any advice or help would be appreciated on this please.

Have you confirmed the handbrake cable is not playing a part in this

Reactions: ahtcap
Turned out to be hand brake cable also was replaced. And I fitted new brake disks and pads for the rear . Much better now.

Brakes are sticking again. Not as bad as before but had the calliper replaced the sliders re greased as all of this was knackered and the hand brake cable knackered. I had cracked off the bleed nipple to see if this releases pressure so I can move the wheel but no different. Any suggestions.

Just had this problem on mine with sticky calliper, turned out to be handbrake cable and also the guide tube the cable goes in was slightly kinked also.
Don’t know if this will help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk