Audi A3 DSG gearbox

Kurtis lucas

Reaction score
Recently prushased an Audi A3 2.0tdi 140 DSG. New to the forum. just wondering if anyone knows what sort of power and torque the DSG gearbox can take. As I'm looking to go bigger power.

Thanks.
Kurt

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    506.6 KB · Views: 125
Just got a DSG/Stronic A3 myself and finding things out myself. Don't know how much power you can put through the box but just a phone call to Jabbasport or AMD Technik will give you a estimate. I guess the older the gearbox the less power you can put through it. Tried out the launch control this morning on a wet road, pretty impressive coupled with the Quattro, just doesn't slip and slide around unlike a 2 wheel drive140 Derv.

Around 600Nm with std clutch packs (and a gearbox remap)

Reactions: Kurtis lucas
Just got a DSG/Stronic A3 myself and finding things out myself. Don't know how much power you can put through the box but just a phone call to Jabbasport or AMD Technik will give you a estimate. I guess the older the gearbox the less power you can put through it. Tried out the launch control this morning on a wet road, pretty impressive coupled with the Quattro, just doesn't slip and slide around unlike a 2 wheel drive140 Derv.
Mines just 2 wheel drive 140 diesle

You have the DSQ250 wet clutch DSG gearbox that will cope with 400 NM torque, you can upgade the internal clutches if you want more power, but your box should be good for a stage 2+ 300bhp remap and all the goodies.

The DQ250 is good for 600Nm on std clutch packs - same box as the S3 AFAIK.

The OP has a 2.0 TDI 140ps so will not be getting anywhere near these limits at stage 1 = approx 180ps and 400Nm.