Audi A3 electrical fault

CallumCS

Reaction score
Hi guys, new to the forum and just got a 1.9 tdi A3 special edition 2007.
Today my brother fitted my subwoofer and it seemed to go downhill from there.
Basically we got all the power in from the engine bay to the amp and sub in the boot. All rca's etc. Got it all ready powered up and a big buzz of the sub came on at full blast for 5 seconds then stopped. We tested the sub and it was fine for 5 minutes, just needed adjustments.
I went on to turn the ignition and engine started fine but the left hand side light was out which it wasn't before. I then turned the ignition off and pulled the key out and the engine kept running so I had to stall it.
Everything on the car was working sound before and I'm just wishing I'd I've left it alone now.
One fuse was blown when we checked for the heating but can't see how that could do anything. We've disconnected all the sub etc now so everythings how it was but still engine keeps running when ignition is off and left light out. Also when we reconnect the battery the constant buzzing noise just stays on. No fault codes coming up on dash.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Have u checked the fuses in the engine bay? Ideally u would need to get it on a vagcom that will pull up the exact fault.

Have u checked the fuses in the engine bay? Ideally u would need to get it on a vagcom that will pull up the exact fault.
Yes checked all fuses in engine bay and ones on the little side panel in drivers side and only one which was out was one for heater so can't see that been the issue. Anyone have vagcom in the leeds area? The cars my daily and I'm going to be stuck during the week without it really.

Whereabouts did you take the power from

Just double check everything is back as it should be mate and I'll scan it with vcds when I come over

Reactions: CallumCS
Where did you take the remote feed from to turn the amp on / off ?
Didn't get that far mate. Was the last thing we had to do but thought we'd turn it all on to test it was all working.

Have you checked the fuse box under the bonnet for any signs of damage?