Audi A3 Facelift conversion now headlight side light not working

cream2cream

Reaction score
Hello, finally converted my 2005 to 2011 spec frontend as had a minor collision in car park so the used parts were near enough same for both fronts, :rock:

trying to get the sidelights in headlights to work but dont seem to, any one have any advice as everything else fits, do i require another switch or they require programming?

all plugs seem the same and beam/ hazards/ indicators all work fine

advice would b very much appreciated

thanks

Rather off-topic... But could you post some before and after pictures of your car? :)

i had the same problem but it is easy fixed, i took the light switch from the donor car as it had DRL on the switch
as long as they dont have xenon or leds you have to move 1 wire in the plug , if you look at the plug it has 1 empty space where you move the wire to.

i will have to look at mine to see witch wire it is as i had the other plug cut off the donor car to go off, i think its the pink/yellow that just wants moving

Last edited:
yeah will do as soon as its finished, u wouldnt tell its older model, taken a few months but at least got there, needed alot of the brackets/ clips which are all different

i had the same problem but it is easy fixed, i took the light switch from the donor car as it had DRL on the switch
as long as they dont have xenon or leds you have to move 1 wire in the plug , if you look at the plug it has 1 empty space where you move the wire to.

i will have to look at mine to see witch wire it is as i had the other plug cut off the donor car to go off, i think its the pink/yellow that just wants moving

very appreciated if you could let me know

thankyou

hello again would i need the drl switch as well

the lights are normal defo not xenons as they were way out of my budget with sets fetchin 650+
thankyou

Rather off-topic... But could you post some before and after pictures of your car? :)

wouldnt recommend u do the conversion unless u can find the bits used as the brackets which hold the wings will set u back £140 then the flitches have to be modified so the brackets fit, also the foam pads which sit inside the brackets again there £120+ new, without u will have massive gaps when open the bonnet or look down the edges which wil look stupid,

also unless u do the work urself or have a mechanic/ bodywork mate u will b payin 0000's

hello again would i need the drl switch as well

the lights are normal defo not xenons as they were way out of my budget with sets fetchin 650+
thankyou

im not sure i just took it as it was there and was from the same car

this is how my plug looks now

so look at your plug and you will see that the top wire needs moving to make your plug look like this one

this is great, i'ii check mine in a bit, it looks like u cut the plug up to move the connector???

thanks

no i used depinning tools but got abit angry with it :)
you need to take the black plastic surround off then remove the purple slide clip then you can depin it

i think its the 4th 1 down in the same row of 5, so on the other plug take the pin from the top of the same row where the space is if you know what i mean

pm me your number if you get stuck

hello, opened my plug and seems to b different the wires clips in different place??

do u think it can b done or is this a task for the qualified proper garage mechanic?

please look at the pic's

thanks

ive noticed that in my plugs there is no wire in no 10 but in no4 on facelift there is meant to b a wire, do u think this needs to b swopped over?

will swopping them make your plug look like mine? all i did was make my plug look like the facelift plug by swopping 1 wire and it worked

will swopping them make your plug look like mine? all i did was make my plug look like the facelift plug by swopping 1 wire and it worked

no mine has no wire in position 10 and int he facelift there is a wire in no4 but not in no10

got a electrician comin tomorrow and will see if he can bypass, to get the annoyin bulb light off the dash and side lights to work, rear work fine was just plug and play with the facelift lights, fronts r another problem

picture upload 2morrow

Hello, check the picture of my plug

see pic below,

its totally different compared to yours

what ive noticed from a mate who's got a 2011 genuine facelift the blank is in position 10on his car and no4 on my car

do u think its a straight swop over?

thanks

that is exactly the same as mine mate, my pic shows what it look like after the swap

take the pin from the top left and fit in the empty hole

just swap the pin mate its simple no need to cut and rewire

just swap the pin mate its simple no need to cut and rewire

its easier said than done mate tryin to get that pin out in one piece so got a donor plug frm local scrap yard and butchered the pin out of that, thanks alot of your advice much appreciated

I borrowed a set of theses for mine ..be aware that there is a second catch that has got to slide out first or u will be sat there along as me haha!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    516.1 KB · Views: 208
I borrowed a set of theses for mine ..be aware that there is a second catch that has got to slide out first or u will be sat there along as me haha!
Now then mate ive changed my 2004 xenon lights to standard 2009 lights and my side lights arnt working but all the pins are in my plug and theres one missing out of the actual light head unit