Audi A3 - Gear Problem

A3-8PA

Reaction score
Guys,

Need some advice. I can't get my Audi A3 tdie -2008 gearbox to third gear. It was all ok up to yesterday. I was driving back and hear some breaking noise after that I struggled to put third gear. All other gears including reverse are working ok. This morning saw a gearbox fluid leak on the drive. I have not driven the car since...

Please help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would seek some advice from a local garage and see if they can get the car recovered to the garage. Sounds like something has gone terrible wrong with the internals of the box and has cracked the casing of the box hence the oil on the floor.

Reactions: A3-8PA
Any idea, what would be the damage to the pocket?

Sounds like a nasty problem and expensive I'm afraid. Needs to be on garage ramps to find out what's broke/wrong. Not a good start to 2017 for you.

Worst is a replacement gearbox which would be about £500 to buy and £300-400 for labour.

Expect to pay £1k if that's the case.

Not a good news then!!! Car have had a new flywheel and clutch kit, etc from Main audi dealer couple of years back. I am hoping it does not need that again? Where in midlands is the best place to sort this type of job?