Audi a3 headlamp...angel eyes or R8 LED...opinions please

H88

Reaction score
Hi people

I am quite keen on buying a new headlamp for my A3. However I don't known which one to go for?

AUDI A3 03-09 CHROME with BLACK DRL LED PROJECTOR Headlights 8P | eBay

AUDI A3 03-05 8P BLACK ANGEL EYE PROJECTOR HEAD LIGHTS | eBay

To be honest I think I like angel eyes more cause everyone has LED these days and its so common. However I still havent decided so if you guys can give me some opinions that will be great. Especially if you ever had one of this on your car then you can tell me your experience of it.

I known some people may recommend me to go for OEM bi-xenon but they too expensive for me :)))

I would have said oem xenons but as they aren't in your price range I wouldn't definitely say not the angel eyes. Very BMW!!

Not very fond of the others but they are better than the angel eyes!

Any reasonS why everyone disagreeD with me?i it because they are low quality ornot OEM?

Any reasonS why everyone disagreeD with me?i it because they are low quality ornot OEM?

It's the sort of thing you would fit to a Fiesta or a Corsa... Plus the A3 looks good as it is, it doesn't need new headlamps to look like a BMW or an R8. Just my opinion though, you fit what you like to your car :yes:

neither they are low quality whats your budget and we can point you on the right road

I have seen better looking ones, like this:

IMG_1726ed.jpg

I only want to spend up 300 -350 for a headlamp as I want to save money to upgrade leather seats,s line bumper,alloys and stereo. Maybe I should have bough an s-line at the beginning instead of doing all this upgrade for extra money lol. It just I never though of upgrading anything until I went into this forum.......:)))

Here We go again..:wacko:

I would chose "Neither" also.

When I first bought my 8p I bought these BLACK ANGEL EYE PROJECTOR HEAD LIGHTS

And what a big mistake that was...:sadlike:

The angel L.E.D. 's will start to flicker or go completely. As It happened to me ....

Also you don't want your car too look like a BMW Do you ? :eyebrows:

Also you we need to use your own Ballast as I did......

Which is another mistake. It happened to blow my front window wipers . :sadlike:

So the answer is No .......Don't do it.:keule:

its possible to do it right and there are bargins out there if youre prepared to wait to get the real thing

as for these ****** forusm cost me thousands :( away to add another to that tomorrow

im new to the forum and all your mint cars arnt helping my bank account :hubbahubba:

I think I will save money for a new car with fully loaded so there is nothing to upgrade lol.

I think I will save money for a new car with fully loaded so there is nothing to upgrade lol.

Now where is the fun it that...? I get a nice warm glow every time I do a mod.

At least that can help me to have some time for saving and in few years when its out of date,I can start modding again :))