Audi A3 in limp mode

Mitch2021

Reaction score
Hello, I have an Audi A3 2005 2.0 diesel, the engine code BKD.
I brought it as spares or repairs with a siren turbo. I replaced the core and actuator and the noise has gone now but I don’t seem to have any power, the car won’t Rev over 2rpm. I’ve plugged it in with a cheap diagnostic and it came up with the code p0401 exhaust gas flow insufficient detected (don’t quote me word for word). I’ve cleaned egr, it didn’t fix so then I changed the egr also didn’t fix. I’ve checked all boost pipes and they are fine, no splits anywhere. Taken the turbo back apart and checked all the veins, they are all free. Open ring and closing with the lever. Cleaned the inlet manifold it hasn’t fixed it at all or made even a slight change. There does seem to be air in the vacuum from the egr, Does anybody have any ideas what else it could be or what else to change?

Solenoid valve block controls all vacuum points on the car including turbo, check that working.

Plus the car is ment to be mapped as has an egr deleate aswel as dpf as the person how had of said ment to be mappet and did drive with it blanked so I crnt se the blank being a problem

Cat srry yes I wil try the vacume box TMZ hofully wil work then can u use any one as long as of a bkd engine if part number are diferant or

Changed tday and stil no joy when start and turn of and remove plug with the vac pipes going to it u here air so if presume it’s working aswel as thease are parts I’ve tested of my seat Leon with same engine

Al fixet know turbo needed setting up happy days
Has any one got any pics or what springs are advised to get a nice even drop on my Audi A3 5 door pics would be great on 18 wheels nothing to much just right

Al fixet know turbo needed setting up happy days
Has any one got any pics or what springs are advised to get a nice even drop on my Audi A3 5 door pics would be great on 18 wheels nothing to much just right
hi did you get this sorted? my veins are sticking in my turbo and the actuator wont move freely so hoping thats it. I was told i have to get the turbo balanced after cleaning it... is this what you had to do?

Where in South east as I've removed turbo cleaned them & none needed rebalancing, might take this on if you're interested as a job.

Where in South east as I've removed turbo cleaned them & none needed rebalancing, might take this on if you're interested as a job.
Hi,i’m in tunbridge wells, thank you for the offer however i wanted me i do it to save money and learn to do it too. any advice ? do i have to be careful using a wire wheel on the veins and surface so as not to damage them or can i go to town? How much would you charge for a service like that? cheers