Audi A3 Quattro Sportback S-line...Replaced power window regulator

Jay Drury

After replacing my front drivers side window regulator, upon rebuilding door panel etc I had no power on main window switch, mirrors, door lock stopped working altogether & even drivers side rear door window switch has no power to it. Fuses seemed to be ok, checked wires & connectors, all seemed to be fitted fine...

So I have no power to drivers side front & rear doors now after replacing window regulator Both windows work fine on passenger side front & rear only with their own switches.

Any ideas or solutions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Chris-P

Audi Owner 2011-2019
Check the wires in the front drivers side door hinge area. It's a common fault where the wires snap with the constant opening and closing of the door because they're too short.

Jay Drury

Check the wires in the front drivers side door hinge area. It's a common fault where the wires snap with the constant opening and closing of the door because they're too short.

Thanks...
I gave them a quick shake about at the time as it was getting dark outside & I couldn't get the rubber sleeve off but I'll give it a proper try when I get the chance in next day or so & let u know how it went. If I get the rubber sleeve off & find out if this could be my problem, as it makes sense to me

Jay Drury

Finally found the time to strip my wiring loom out the door. It was a thick brown wire which had snapped, i presume it was the earth wire. I took the whole harness out & replaced a few of the wire as they were worn through to the bare wire. All sorted now & working as it should. Thanks for the advice...