Audi A3 S-Line (Avus Vs Akoya Silver?)

Donny_DJ

Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Hi all,
I'm new to this forum and looking at buying a '06 or '07 2.0T S-Line (2WD or Quattro, ain't decided yet!).

I've done a search and still don't understand the difference between Avus Silver and Akoya, they look identical - can anyone shed any light?
Also, long shot but anyone got any pics of two cars in those colours side-by-side???!

PS The S3 in my prof pic has gone and currently driving my TT in the same colour but getting frustrated by the impracticality!

http://www.tt-forum.co.uk/forum/gallery/image.php?album_id=181&image_id=540

Many thanks in advance,
Dom

Hiya Dom and welcome. I had an Akoya silver A6 (in my sig pics). Loved it but do prefer the Avus tbh. The Akoya is more of a lilac (ish) silver where as the Avus has a Blue tinge to it. Both are great colours especially to keep clean and look good in the sun. Sure someone will be along with pics but its best seeing them in the flesh.

praciticality ? if its a 1.8t wont your new a3 be worse ? ( or do you mean for space )

Gracias to all who have replied and yes Nally it's the backseats of the TT that are the real problem!! ;-)

Were they available simultaeously or did Akoya come after Avus?! Is there a mark on the car (under bonnet or something?) how I can tell which shade it is?
Sorry if I sound dumb. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

They would look pretty different if you saw them side by side, also there are two dfferent shades of Akoya as it changed ever so slightly when it changed to the single grill model.

As above really, Akoya has a bit of a purple tint in certain lights. I think honestly you need to see them in person to decide as I wasn't sure from pictures alone.
Quattro is a very good idea on the 2.0tfsi (well all round really but IMO makes it much better against the likes of the Golf GTI) I'm selling mine at the moment (details on request if interested ;) haha) and know damn well I'm gunna miss the AWD when its gone and I'm back to FWD (especially went the winter weather comes back in)

Thanks again for all the replies. Very interesting. Nice looking car Shane - although i'm thinking I'll go for Avus!!

I take it your female? Its against the law for men to own either colour. :no:

I'm just waiting on a "your car is just in undercoat" statement! :yes:

if it was any audi colours i would say
1) lava grey
2) black
3) dolphin grey
4) white

As said Avus is a greyer/bluer colour to the Akoya and Avus is S-line only. My mate has an Akoya A3 and my old A3 was Avus, quite similar when not together but side by side they are quite different!

Don't have a picture of his A3 I'm afraid, but heres my old A3

DSC00456.jpg

its quite dark isnt it? dont think i have seen that colour before my mate has the very light silver ( not a fan)

They can't really lie cause the two colours ARE different.