Dannyjp97

Reaction score
Hi Guy’s,

For my next car I’m thinking about buying a 2008 Audi A3 Sports back 2.0Tdi and doing it up. It’s factory standard so nothing’s been done to it yet. I wanted a little project and keep adding things over the following year. My question is, how much BHP would I be able to get out of it before it being big money. I know you can put a KO4 turbo that the S3 has but other people say it’s not worth doing as it would cost a bomb. My mod list was this
1.BODYKIT/ALLOYS
2.COLD AIR INTAKE FILTER
3.EGR DELETE KIT
4.DOWNPIPE
5. STAGE 1 REMAPPING

obviously that’s gonna be some money but I’m willing to spent. Is it worth remapping to a Stage 3 eventually, because I’ve heard that’s gonna cost as well etc clutch. What’s your guy’s opinion it on and what car parts would you use etc make and models? Be cool to hear back

cheers Danny.

ohlins vmsmt10...YES ohlins
passat control arms and spindles. if you go full baller then convert to TT(wider track and camber)
tyrol deadset front subframe
rear 034 subframe mounts
motor mounts and dogbone more hp to the ground
h&r front and rear sb's

the above is a go cart feeling. throw that whip into a corner with confidence

you dont have alot of go with that engine but you can make up for it in the corners

Hi Guy’s,

For my next car I’m thinking about buying a 2008 Audi A3 Sports back 2.0Tdi and doing it up. It’s factory standard so nothing’s been done to it yet. I wanted a little project and keep adding things over the following year. My question is, how much BHP would I be able to get out of it before it being big money. I know you can put a KO4 turbo that the S3 has but other people say it’s not worth doing as it would cost a bomb. My mod list was this
1.BODYKIT/ALLOYS
2.COLD AIR INTAKE FILTER
3.EGR DELETE KIT
4.DOWNPIPE
5. STAGE 1 REMAPPING

obviously that’s gonna be some money but I’m willing to spent. Is it worth remapping to a Stage 3 eventually, because I’ve heard that’s gonna cost as well etc clutch. What’s your guy’s opinion it on and what car parts would you use etc make and models? Be cool to hear back

cheers Danny.

What model bhp 140 or 170? The 170 with those mods will get you around 210-220 id imagine. Mine is the 170 with Stage 1 map alone, that's 204bhp.

What model bhp 140 or 170? The 170 with those mods will get you around 210-220 id imagine. Mine is the 170 with Stage 1 map alone, that's 204bhp.
Hi mate cheers for the reply. It’s 170BHP I believe. 204bhp is pretty decent! Are you gonna remap it stage 2 or leave it?

Maybe, this is my work car and was meant to stay standard in every way as I do loads of miles...
Now it has a full RS3 bodykit among a load of other visual mods.

I have a wide body ST-3 Mk3.5 but got bored of modding that.

It's been mapped for over 2 years now and not a single issue.

Send me your reg I can check it for you if you want?

Lots of people selling them with that level of work already done, save your shiny pennies

Maybe, this is my work car and was meant to stay standard in every way as I do loads of miles...

i haven’t brought the car yet but I’m gonna do my research and make a Final decision Thank-you for your input.