Audi A3 saloon subwoofer

Daniela3

Reaction score
Hi there I am in progress of fitting a centre speaker and subwoofer in my A3 saloon I have seen the speaker that sits in the spare wheel and one that sits in the parcel shelf bit on the back any idea what one would be best ? Also would it be still be functional of built in mmi? As per the spare wheel sub ?

Thanks
Dan

Hi there I am in progress of fitting a centre speaker and subwoofer in my A3 saloon I have seen the speaker that sits in the spare wheel and one that sits in the parcel shelf bit on the back any idea what one would be best ? Also would it be still be functional of built in mmi? As per the spare wheel sub ?

Thanks
Dan
  • Saloon = Parcel Shelf
  • Sportback / Hatch = Wheel
  • Cabrio = N/A
  • e-Tron = under cargo mat in Boot / Trunk (L shaped)
These are what's supplied from the factory. Personally I would just go with the wheel mounted sub, other than the e-tron as there is no space, as the wheel has an enclosure and the shelf is open.

I replaced my OEM sub with a shallow jbl 8inch subwoofer powered by a small ds18 candy amp pictured in middle. Made a huge improvement without sacrificing cargo space.

To get the sub to fit, just made two mdf brackets and secured in the oem mount points. Used some weatherstripping as well to make sure there wood and speaker on the metal would rattle.
15cc804b96f458be0b6186e97ab45518.jpg
6a96397e7ea65f7b89530e83b9a55fdf.jpg
fb8e1971085fe87c796fc8c2da7d327f.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk