Audi A3 Single Xenon Headlights, Part Numbers and suppliers

BlueSpark

6th Gear
Reaction score
Hello All,

I have a 2006 A3 Sline 2.0T and unfortunatly it did not come with xenon headlights. I've read on here that the easiest option is to fit oem single xenon lights as it straight swap and vagcom.

Does anyone know where i can buy brand new headlights with the ballasts or have the part numbers so i can enquire from audi. i've tried ebay and have not found any. thanks in advance.

Hello Guys, Has anyone have the single xenon headlights fitted to there a3. If so could you supply the part numbers please.

assuming your car is RHD, ie UK

standard xenon:
left: 8P0 941 029 N
right: 8P0 941 030 N

Bi-xenon:
left: 8P0 941 029 AA
right: 8P0 941 030 AA

Bi-xenon with cornering
left: 8P0 941 029 AB
right: 8P0 941 030 AB

The latter types aren't simple plug & play.

Thanks Khufu, very much appreciated. Now i know what parts i'm looking for, will enquire at Audi to see how much they charge.

Khufu or anyone else who might know, would you happen to know the part numbers for the ballast/ignitors. i have found this following on another thread

xenon - 4D0 907 476 B
bi- xenon - 8E0 907 391 B

if these are correct can i use bi-xenon ballasts on single xenon headlights?

Those are the numbers for the ballast

N 104 457 01 is the ignitor for xenon
N 105 661 03 is ignitor fro Bi-xenon

The xenon & Bi-xenon are different so not interchangable.

Cheers Khufu. I didnt realise that ballast & ignitor where separate, i thought that the ignitor was integrated into the ballast. This is looking more expensive by the minute!! lol

Hello guys just a quick update. I have acquired both ballasts,bulbs and ignitors. Also i have the left headlamp but still need the driver side headlamp, cant find on ebay ;-( lol.

Anyway my ballasts and ignitors arrived today and i thougt i'll have a go at fitting them into the left headlight. the bllast was easy enough, but the ignitor just would not go in with the bulb. if i take the bulb out, the ignitor fits in perfectly and easy with a simple twist.

I was wondering if anyone has any tips on how to fit the ignitor with bulb and also if i am using right bulbs. I have D2S bulbs.

Hello, just wondering if anyone has managed to change the headlights without removing the bumper, if so how?

Also how do u remove the headlight plug as i just want to test if my xenons work before fitting. Tried pulling, but it wouldnt shift at all!

Hi Blue Spark,

Did you manage to get this resolved?

I've just purchased a car of the same with Auto headlights and coming home lights feature ... same engine and S line...

I'm desperate to get Xenons on my car again even if it is just standard xenons...

sorry to bump this... i've got the part numbers mentioned on this which is a start...

standard xenon:
left: 8P0 941 029 N
right: 8P0 941 030 N

Would i still need to get access to diagnostics software to code these in ?

Thank you in advance

Hi

Yes they will need to be coded if you get them fitted, standard Xenons very rarely come up for sale to be honest, why not go for bi-Xenons and you will also get the DRLS and have a xenon high beam instead of a halogen one.

As stated above part number for bi-Xenons is
8p0 941 003 AA And 8p0 941 004 AA
Part numbers were updated and have now changed but is still the same headlights these are
8p0 941 029 AA and 8p0 941 030 AA

If you was going to get them or standard Xenons and wanted them fitting then give me a shout

Thanks

Yeah thats a good shout, where abouts are you in the UK...

I'm hertfordshire myself... maybe we could arrange something if i can track the headlights down :)

Yeah thats a good shout, where abouts are you in the UK...

I'm hertfordshire myself... maybe we could arrange something if i can track the headlights down :)

Some users are making a Group Buy about HID for Audi A3 on the forum.
You can find there Xenon Headlights (Plug & Play) with no coding needed.

If you want more info about it you can check the link below:
www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-sportback-8p-chassis/216973-%2A%2A%2A-hid-group-buy-welldonehid-wiper-safe-%2A%2A%2A-3.html

Some users are making a Group Buy about HID for Audi A3 on the forum.
You can find there Xenon Headlights (Plug & Play) with no coding needed.

If you want more info about it you can check the link below:
www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-sportback-8p-chassis/216973-%2A%2A%2A-hid-group-buy-welldonehid-wiper-safe-%2A%2A%2A-3.html

How does theese work? Xenon headlights Audi A3 - Plug & Play - Welldone Lighting

Is it as easy as straight swapping? Is the headlights all you need to make it work? Does my car need to have any specific equipment from the beginning? Does it require vagcom programming?

Sorry for bombing you with questions, there was not much info about them on your website :)

How does theese work? Xenon headlights Audi A3 - Plug & Play - Welldone Lighting

Is it as easy as straight swapping? Is the headlights all you need to make it work? Does my car need to have any specific equipment from the beginning? Does it require vagcom programming?

Sorry for bombing you with questions, there was not much info about them on your website :)

Yes, as easy as straight swapping.
Yes, headlights comes with bulbs & ballast.
It is completely Plug & Play

Your car needs to be 2003 to 2009.
No need for adaptors.
No need for VAGCOM programming.

You can find more info in our thread as Audi-Sport Sponsor ;)
www.audi-sport.net/vb/welldonehid/218912-xenon-headlights-audi-a3-plug-play-370%E2%82%AC.html

Last edited:
Yes, as easy as straight swapping.
Yes, headlights comes with bulbs & ballast.
It is completely Plug & Play

Your car needs to be 2003 to 2009.
No need for adaptors.
No need for VAGCOM programming.

You can find more info in our thread as Audi-Sport Sponsor ;)
www.audi-sport.net/vb/welldonehid/218912-xenon-headlights-audi-a3-plug-play-370%E2%82%AC.html

Thanks alot for the reply mate! I will defenetly concider trying this. But maybe ill check if ppl are up for a GB first! Cheers!