AUDI A3 SPORTBACK FACELIFT REAR LIGHT TROUBLE!

Yaseen1991

Reaction score
Hello, I am a newbie and this is my first post! So please excuse me if this has been covered before

Ive got an a3 sportback on a 07, and i recently bought the facelift rear lights to stick on, the one's with the inner tubes which light up.

Ive come to put them on and encouterd problems straight away, the original plugs are 4 pin and the 1s are 6pin on the outer lights, a bit of diy wiring and there on.

The inner lights are a 3 to 4pin, but im missing the Plugs! Thts problem 1, i need a set of 4 pin plugs to stick into the new inner lights

Now the main problem, the tubes are not working as they should, the lights are all stayin on! It all looks a but too much

I was wondering if Any1 sells a plug and play adaptor for the light plugs or anything like that so i can just get the lighs working??

Thanks for any help in advance

If you use the Search facility there are loads of pages explaining how to do this. Here are a few:

Sportback Rear LED's

Coding For A3 Sportback Led Rear Lights Retrofit

Sportback 09 rear lights

Sportback rear lights

I
n brief, you'll either need to buy the plugs from the dealer and make your own, which can be a pain if you don't know what you're doing, or buy the Kufatec adaptor's. You'll then need to get them coded by someone with VCDS otherwise they won't work properly, as you've discovered.

Last edited:
Cheers mate! Ne idea wer i can get the Kufatec adaptors from? Thanks