Audi A3 XENON conversion/retrofit - 2009 (facelift)

BIGA3T

Reaction score
Hi i know this has been mentioned before but i cant seem to find the threads on my phone.

Basically i have an audi a3 2009. it has drl lights but the halogen and i want to upgrade to xenon lights

I have bought a pair of xenon headlights with bulbs and ballast.

what else do i need in order to complete this upgrade?

Any help welcome thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Wiring, coding & knowledge of where to wire too.

Make sure the lights are handed as in lhd or rhd for your location.

If UK based, we can offer the install if interested.

Wiring, coding & knowledge of where to wire too.

Make sure the lights are handed as in lhd or rhd for your location.

If UK based, we can offer the install if interested.

I am in Yorkshire. How much will i be looking at, i will get the kufatec Wiring harness.

Part numbers needed for RHD versions either end in AN or BF for standard xenons.

Never really use kufatec myself as I usally re-pin the current headlight plug. Looks more factory fit than having an adapter in between your headlight plug and headlight.

Once this has been done coding follows which will enable drls and Xenons without error messages.

Part numbers needed for RHD versions either end in AN or BF for standard xenons.

Never really use kufatec myself as I usally re-pin the current headlight plug. Looks more factory fit than having an adapter in between your headlight plug and headlight.

Once this has been done coding follows which will enable drls and Xenons without error messages.

and how do you do that? are you anywhere near yorkshire?

if so how much would you charge to do that?

I'd buy the Kufatec harness as the plugs are different for the xenons. It isn't too bad to do, took me a morning and that was the first one I'd done. The bumper does have to come off.

In the long code helper, tick these options to get them working:

Byte 14: Bit 3 - Bi-xenon Headlights (with Shutter) installed = ON/checked
Byte 17: Bit 2 - Bi-xenon Headlights (with Shutter) w/o additional High Beams installed = ON/checked
Byte 18: Either 2B or 2C works, depending on whether you want front or front and rear DRLs.
Byte 27: Bit 2 - LED-Daytime Running Light (DRL) Module for parking/Position Light & Daytime Running Light (DRL) = ON/checked

Reactions: BIGA3T
I'd buy the Kufatec harness as the plugs are different for the xenons. It isn't too bad to do, took me a morning and that was the first one I'd done. The bumper does have to come off.

In the long code helper, tick these options to get them working:

Byte 14: Bit 3 - Bi-xenon Headlights (with Shutter) installed = ON/checked
Byte 17: Bit 2 - Bi-xenon Headlights (with Shutter) w/o additional High Beams installed = ON/checked
Byte 18: Either 2B or 2C works, depending on whether you want front or front and rear DRLs.
Byte 27: Bit 2 - LED-Daytime Running Light (DRL) Module for parking/Position Light & Daytime Running Light (DRL) = ON/checked

Thank you for the help!

do you know which harness i will need?

its a 2009 audi a3 with day light running lights halogen