Audi A4 1.8T 96' boot lip spoiler.

andyer

Reaction score
I am after a lip spoiler for my Audi A4 96'. I heard that the M3 or M5 (cant remember which) has them and would fit on the Audi A4. Is this correct and does anyone know where I can acquire without without spending more than the cars worth? thanks in advance.

I just bought one of those from e-bay... you can get them for about £50

They come in different sizes normally... I think the one you need is 117.5cm long. They're pretty flexible so you can mould them to the shape of the bootlid.

Have a search on e-bay for E46 M3 Lip spoiler

Hope that helps /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Tim

Brilliant - thanks for the feedback, great help.

I'll get on eBay and do a search for one then. I bought my Audi and it came with a boot spoiler with intergrated light, though it looks too big and a lil' 'chavy' :+) A lip spoiler would be perfect.

My sentiments exactly... although there is a part of me that likes the slightly higher ones (shades of a past life maybe /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif).

I've seen a few locally and I think they look ok as part of a whole kit... each to their own though I guess.

The lips look more classy and understated in my opinion, fitting in with the Audi theme quite nicely.

Glad I could help, good luck.

Cheers

Tim

I like these lip spoilers too, very understated and just add enough of a difference to the rear end. Any chance of seeing one fitted?

Thanks in advance,

Thanks for ya help, did find a few on eBay, but after further investigation, it appears if i remove my current boot spoiler, there would be two screw holes in the lid, and the centre part appears to be 'glued' to the actual lid. (no screws are used in this centre part)

I am now thinking it would be too much hassle to take this existing one off and replace it with a lip.

Myabe on the S4 then :+)

Andy,

If you fit the lip spoiler then it will have to be painted on the car anyway since it is too flexible to paint first then attach afterwards.

That attribute is great from the point of view of being able to mould it to the shape of your boot and I am guessing it is also why so many people fit them to lots of other cars besides M3's...

So if you're going to paint the spoiler on the car then filling two holes while you're at it shouldn't be too much trouble... (have I bullied you enough to convince you yet? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif)

Cheers

Tim

[ QUOTE ]
Andy,

If you fit the lip spoiler then it will have to be painted on the car anyway since it is too flexible to paint first then attach afterwards.

That attribute is great from the point of view of being able to mould it to the shape of your boot and I am guessing it is also why so many people fit them to lots of other cars besides M3's...

So if you're going to paint the spoiler on the car then filling two holes while you're at it shouldn't be too much trouble... (have I bullied you enough to convince you yet? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif)

Cheers

Tim

[/ QUOTE ]

????? i painted mine first and then fitted it on the car, think how flexible a bumper is and the paint stays on them.

Hmmm... point taken re. bumper. But the lip spoiler I have is far more flexible than that. Maybe I have a different type then... it's VERY flexible, as in you can flop it over from end to end and twist it etc. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

you definitely couldn't twist mine that much.....don't think mine is genuine though. It was £30 off ebay.