Audi A4 1.8t problem mid Rev

KevinR1988

Reaction score
Hi all, I have a 2004 54 Audi A4 1.8T 190bhp S-Line, I had it remapped and then I have occurred some problems, when I drive it sometimes it boosts fantastic and then other times I put the foot down and there is little power and the engine seems hesitant as if it needs more fuel, any help out there cheers

Hi all, I have a 2004 54 Audi A4 1.8T 190bhp S-Line, I had it remapped and then I have occurred some problems, when I drive it sometimes it boosts fantastic and then other times I put the foot down and there is little power and the engine seems hesitant as if it needs more fuel, any help out there cheers

Not sure if it's the same thing Kevin, but when I had mine remapped something similar happened (although I don't think it was directly connected . . .).

Under heavy load (e.g. accelerating hard uphill with mates on board) the car would occasionally stutter and dramatically slow, almost as if the fuel had cut off. I found that one of the spark-plug gaskets had failed and oil was tracking up the spark-plug and HT lead. This wasn't visible until I had the engine cover off, so it may be worth a look.

plug vcds in and see what it reveals