Audi A4 2.0 Tdi CR Remap

Griggsy

Reaction score
Hi guys had my 2011 Audi A4 2.0 Tdi CR for a few months now and very happy with it. Just started looking into tuning options and which way / company to go? Has anyone got any experience won this that could point me in the right direction / recommendations? Ideally looking at just a remap / new filter.

Many thanks!

My dad got his 2012 a4 tdi 143 remapped to 185bhp and it is amazing. He got it done by autotune ni.
Ecu removed to be remapped but worth it...

Dont forget you are remapping expensive cars here. Do not get a cheap remap for it.

Reactions: SI-W85
I have emailed Autotune and they quoted me around £360 for a remap..they said my ecu may have to come out for this..seriously tempted!!

If your in Northern Ireland go for it mate. I've had 8 cars up to them and would not take it
To
Anywhere else. No probs and Ryan and Steven know their stuff. Once you get up say ruairi from Donegal recommended you and they will look after you and might give some discount.

Yeah I will do, thanks :) here do you drive a derv a4? Should the car gently shake when starting? Mine does kind of annoys me, feels like the exhaust exhaust will break if it keeps up..maybe it's normal??

There are 2 different types of ecu I think they are Siemens and bosch one is a little harder to do than the the other but either way they both have to be done on the bench so its a longer process but deffo worth it, just be prepared for a new clutch lol

Reactions: nas1638
I'm not too sure I think the 170 does have some different components on it I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. It's just I know of at least 3 people who had there B8 mapped and ended up replacing the clutch a bit sooner than expected me included. What mileage has your motor got on, has it already had a clutch? I ended up replacing clutch and flywheel at 50k on mine. Obviously the clutch will take more stick due to the extra torque depending on how you drive too.

I looked at remaps for mine 2008 A4 TDI 2.0 SLINE, ended up settling for a Dtuk box.
Plug & play, was simple to install , have 4 map options , and instant 185bph!
Very happy!

81k on my clutch, service history does not mention any clutch change..is the clutch a problem on these cars?

More of a flywheel issue with them to be honest but, at 81k I should imagine it will have had a clutch if not will be ready for one, clutch and flywheel replacement cost me £800, not trying to scare you off a remap at all as I think its a must have to be honest, as Paul-psa says those tuning boxes don't seem a bad device nowadays I've always prefered a remap don't know why though as these little boxes have come a long way since a few years ago when they used to cause faults on your car, I guess I prefer a map as can tune the car to your mods like I have egr delete, 2 1/2 straight through exhaust and a filter so it was mapped accordingly, also when I get dpf removed a stage 2 will get me the best power squeezed out of it where a box doesn't know these things and the software for them needs writing out the ecu.

Aw man I thought I had got rid of these problems when I got rid of my mondeo st TDCI! I'll have a look at those boxes

It's only with some is the flywheel issue I've heard of them need replacing at 27k but if your car has made it to 80k it may be ok, putting a box on doesn't mean it will save your clutch though as your still getting the same power/torque through your clutch, but remap any car it tends to put excessive wear on the clutch, if I had to start again I'd have maybe tried one of these boxes until I really did need a remap, when the dpf delete is done I plan on putting a bigger turbo and injectors on mine though so deffo has to be a remap.

West Yorkshire yes they do but they are only visual checks, if the dpf is removed and gutted it will be done as long as you can't tell it has been done, it's a load of crap anyway it's like petrol cars with decat pipe and there are thousands of them on the road, I was gunna go for a new pipe instead of gutting as the mot tester I use would pass it for me as he did with my number plates a couple week ago but I got pulled the day after for my plates being illegal and fined £100 they asked why the mot tester passed it I said they weren't on the car as I had only just received them, however I can't ever imagine the police checking for the dpf lol

Autotune do the remap to a certain amount of torque to avoid the clutch flywheel probs. My dad has had 4 b8 a4's and never any probs after being remapped. I've
A b7 a4 1.9 and it gives a slight vibration on start up but never bothered me so all good. Ryan at autotune will have the ecu out and remap flashed on in an hour or so
Mate. He will answer any questions you need sorted also...