Audi A4 2.5 tdi 180bhp Quattro tuning

Alistairtdi

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Can anyone give me some advice on tuning my A4? I'm hoping to get as close to 300bhp as I can! I've had it remap, but I'm looking to get a new turbo and some racing nozzles? Any ideas? Be really helpful to get some advice on what setups i could look at getting?? It's a 2004 b6 Audi A4 2.5 tdi 180 bhp Quattro sport. Any ideas be really helpful! Alistair

Forum member adamss24 is the expert on this stuff. Hopefully he'll be along soon to enlighten you.

Hi Aliatair, come see me for a few hints and tips however the R&D is not cheap on them engines - every one of us want a fully reliable motor for as little as possible... Not an easy formula sometimes !

Hi Aliatair, come see me for a few hints and tips however the R&D is not cheap on them engines - every one of us want a fully reliable motor for as little as possible... Not an easy formula sometimes !

Hi Adam, thanks for your message! Have you got any advice on what turbos I could get? I've heard that a turbo from a audi 3.0 tdi or from a Saab 3.0 tdi is a good tuning upgraded?

Hi there, there are better turbos out there than the gt2559v as fitted to the Saab 3.0 tdi. The Saab/Renault turbo is close to plug and play but very, very Laggy turbo.
I supply and also fit turbo kits for the v6 tdi engine, if you already know about Bosio race 683
Nozzles then looking on the web will bring plenty posts of me working on the good old v6 tdi ! Unfortunately getting 300 Bhp won't be cheap but bang per back is very good value for money as the engine needs loads of supporting mods to do these numbers ! As you probably know by now - I offer 4 stages of tuning and stage 3 is close to your power target.

300 Bhp brings a lot of torque so I will make sure the clutch is up to scratch !
If you want a plug and play solution then I have a few hybrid turbos rebuilt with upgraded internals: the gt 2052v housings flow 300 Bhp with upgraded turbine and compressor wheel.
If you want more headroom then a gtb2260vk is the next best thing. It needs converting to vacuum and new intake pipe/downpipe/ oil feed pipe and oil drain. Prices start at £1000 for the turbo kit...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    954.6 KB · Views: 1,628
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3,201
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 1,348
Adamss24 would you enlighten us on what you can do & expect to gain & $ for stage 1 & 2 upgrades?

I've got dmf & timing belts etc to do & whilst it's apart & the credit cards out could be tempted at chucking some new bits on rather than direct replacement of clutch etc.

Apparently my engine is solid - do you know what bar pressure my cylinders should return?

Stage 1 is about 240 Bhp with just a turbo and nozzle upgrade- clutch friendly map .
Stage 2 is a bit more involved and comprises of : turbo, nozzles, 4 Bar MAP sensor, boost pipes, 3" downpipe and a few more bits and bobs which I cannot remember now off the top of my head !
270 Bhp is about the max reliable the gt20 housings can flow with reasonable/ low EGT.

Stage 3 is 300 Bhp and will need clutch.

Stage 4 is plain silly with a hardware list of upgrades as long as my arm ! Basically you get max performance parts for your money ! 350-400 Bhp is achievable with reasonable EGT and low overheads !