Audi A4 2007 Cabriolet - roof problems... help please!

jordan_audi_2012

Reaction score
Hi,

Basically, the roof on my 2007 a4 cabriolet failed to close this week. The roof opened fine with no problems, when returning home, stopped with the engine running on the driveway, pressed the buttom to put the roof up for the night. The windows went down about half way as they should, then the roof lid started to raise in order for the roof to come out and over the car but stopped about after moving only 5cm!

After reading the manual, suggestions of leaving the motor for 30 ish mins to let the electric motor cool if overheated as i tried the roof switch several times. When rturning to the car to try again after 30 mins, the roof did exactly the same thing. The roof lid was not catching on anything because it was easy to lift the lid manually to see the roof in its compartment, but it had no mechanical support from the hydaulic arms either side that open the lid for the roof to come out as if i was to let go of the lid, it would simply yet slowly close shut just to about 5cm away from the body of the car.

I had to manually lock and lift the roof closed in order to lock the car for the evening.

Has anyone else had similar problems or situations? What might be the likely cause of the fault before it has to go to Audi for what I guess would be a costly fix...??

Thanks for taking the time to read and I look forward to some replies.

J

Is your drive way on an incline/decline?

Do a manual rest and try it again. My roof plays up now and again, a reset usually works.

There is a thread in the B7 section about replacing the motor.

Thanks for your reply.

The drive is flat/level, no incline or decline.
I shall try a manual reset of the roof later on this evening and post my findings on here. Hoefully the reset shall work tho :)

Regards,

J

9/10 a reset will work. The same thing happened with mine, try not to think the worst.

Hi there,

I have the exact same issue. How do you do a manual reset please?

Thank you.

Bob

Just watched the youtube vid suggested but only shows how to clip fronnt of roof not how too raise from its compartment ,,,, how do you manual reset ,,,, help plzzzzzz its pissin down

Just watched the youtube vid suggested but only shows how to clip fronnt of roof not how too raise from its compartment ,,,, how do you manual reset ,,,, help plzzzzzz its pissin down
google is your friend pal, here's a vid on you tube

Reactions: craig666
Hi,

Basically, the roof on my 2007 a4 cabriolet failed to close this week. The roof opened fine with no problems, when returning home, stopped with the engine running on the driveway, pressed the buttom to put the roof up for the night. The windows went down about half way as they should, then the roof lid started to raise in order for the roof to come out and over the car but stopped about after moving only 5cm!

After reading the manual, suggestions of leaving the motor for 30 ish mins to let the electric motor cool if overheated as i tried the roof switch several times. When rturning to the car to try again after 30 mins, the roof did exactly the same thing. The roof lid was not catching on anything because it was easy to lift the lid manually to see the roof in its compartment, but it had no mechanical support from the hydaulic arms either side that open the lid for the roof to come out as if i was to let go of the lid, it would simply yet slowly close shut just to about 5cm away from the body of the car.

I had to manually lock and lift the roof closed in order to lock the car for the evening.

Has anyone else had similar problems or situations? What might be the likely cause of the fault before it has to go to Audi for what I guess would be a costly fix...??

Thanks for taking the time to read and I look forward to some replies.

J
How did u do this ?? The roof wont budge n scared of wreckin it iif I pull it out harder .

Another essential tip is to check your car has the roof tool, some have been removed and are £70 or so on the bay
Is tht the tool in the passengerside dash for securing the front down ??

Funny cos that video is the same one linked to above their first comment. :blink: :whistle2: