Audi A4 3.0 cabriolet 2002 rpm jumping 200 to 300 revs between 1300 and 1800 rpm

mick lear

Reaction score
Audi A4 3.0 cabriolet 2002 75000 with the rpm jumping 200 to 300 revs between 1300 and 1800 in any gear above 2000 rpm and its perfect anyway took it to a garage and they changed the temp sensor cleaned the maf fitted new coils and plugs also cleaned the throttle body ,there are no dash lights on and when tested no faults showing all this done and revs still jump every 5 seconds ,any ideas .looked at previous threads and they may suggest it’s the multitronic and oil but threads ran from 1 to 33 and stopped there would love to know the outcome of the previous threads regards Mick

Bump.
I have the same issue here, I think. Any ideas anyone? (A4, 2002 petrol auto, 110k)
Cheers

Thank you for your reply ,its a mystery to me ,I can set themultitronic in say 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] and put on the cruise control to keep it at asteady 30 mph which is about say 1400 rpm and the revs jump 2 to 300 rpmevery 5 seconds and also in any gear at these rpm up to say 60 mphhowever as soon as you reach 1900 rpm say 65 mph it runs like a dream, but alsoagree the car does now seem to jerk about in 1[SUP]st[/SUP] as you pullaway but i think its because of the jumping revs,i cannot see it being a slipping clutch plate thanks again for the reply please let me know if you eventually get yours sorted regards Mick

Thank you for your reply ,its a mystery to me ,I can set themultitronic in say 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] and put on the cruise control to keep it at asteady 30 mph which is about say 1400 rpm and the revs jump 2 to 300 rpm every 5 seconds and also in any gear at these rpm up to say 60 mph however as soon as you reach 1900 rpm say 65 mph it runs like a dream, but also agree the car does now seem to jerk about in 1[SUP]st[/SUP] as you pull away but i think its because of the jumping revs,i cannot see it being a slipping clutch plate thanks again for the reply please let me know if you eventually get yours sorted regards Mick . Has any one any ideas what could be doing this .

Last edited: