Audi A4 3.0TDI B7 (BV50 hybrid) 416hp 860nm

bobby singh

BSR
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Hi guys here is my first high power BV50 project
CP3
Hybrid turbo (started life from Darkside and then I changed the spec)
FMIC
Bigger injectors
Sensors

Cheers
Bobby

Reactions: mrdude, Ricky Burrows, martinivw and 5 others
What would be the best turbo for these ASB engines?
Does the tiptronic handle those torque values?

Amazing numbers!

As usual No smoke more poke. Great job Bobby

Reactions: bobby singh and Paul battams
What would be the best turbo for these ASB engines?
Does the tiptronic handle those torque values?

Amazing numbers!

Thanks - 6hp 19 with this torque would last hours. I can make these turbo's but I wouldn't want to get involved in another BV50 hybrid complete pita to get right. Far easier to continue development on a 2260vk on a BV50 car imo

As usual No smoke more poke. Great job Bobby

Thanks Karl - smokefree power is my favorite kind - 860deg egt @ 4.5k in 4k which is pretty decent at this level

Thanks - 6hp 19 with this torque would last hours. I can make these turbo's but I wouldn't want to get involved in another BV50 hybrid complete pita to get right. Far easier to continue development on a 2260vk on a BV50 car imo

Thanks Karl - smokefree power is my favorite kind - 860deg egt @ 4.5k in 4k which is pretty decent at this level
When you say a BV50 Hybrid is a complete PITA, What do you mean? why is it a pain?

When you say a BV50 Hybrid is a complete PITA, What do you mean? why is it a pain?
This particular unit gave us plenty of pain in the sense the chra has to be redone, then the alignment of the actuator was difficult to set up as it uses a custom VNT.
Like I keep saying use the garrat but you'll need me to tune as its not straight forward.
Plus the actuator requires some internal changes

Reactions: Sonnyj1 and Paul battams
This particular unit gave us plenty of pain in the sense the chra has to be redone, then the alignment of the actuator was difficult to set up as it uses a custom VNT.
Like I keep saying use the garrat but you'll need me to tune as its not straight forward.
Plus the actuator requires some internal changes

Oh noooo not a Darkside unit you’ll wish you’d never fitted it bobby rebuilt my Darkside unit after it failed after 7 months and spent many many hrs like myself in wasted hrs swapping turbos and setting them up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sonnyj1
Hi guys here is my first high power BV50 project
CP3
Hybrid turbo (started life from Darkside and then I changed the spec)
FMIC
Bigger injectors
Sensors

Cheers
Bobby

Hi there

can we talk in private?

I have some questions and I hope you can help me