Audi A4 B5 aftermarket headlight pictures

CJDONNY

Reaction score
Hi can anyone post up some pictures of a silver A4 B5 with aftermarket lights?

halo in chrome and black or any other types

can you fit the B6 lights on the B5?

any pics would be great thanks

Ref B6 lights onto a B5...no you can't. I have Halo lights on mine but its a Santorin blue car. Heres a pic of it anyway...........

WM57917441-20091124-Ticketphotos-7.jpg

What lights have you got on yours at the moment dude?

thanks for pic

the lights are standard,the car is standard :)

just got it as a ride for work,but wanting to tidy it up starting with alloys lights ect

002.jpg

they look like this fella:

102_0188.jpg

one piece lamp instead of the lamp and indicator set up you have, looks much cleaner imo

nice, there a lot better anyone got a link to were i can order them?

:sadlike: what of the car they come from or that come with the lights?

can you buy the plugs??

any help would be great thanks

can you fit xennons to these as i need som,e facelift ones for my s4

CJDonny: mid 1999 to 2001 model A4 B5's

Just get the plugs from the breakers, but you can buy them if your stuck.

bad-vw-boy: You can fit one of those crappy HID conversion kits to them i guess, but i'd see that as a bit of a downgrade to be honest...

in what way it is a downgrade? Besides that it should have self levelling and washers to be legal.
Still loads of people with B6 go with HID's thru MOT without a problem. And please don't tell me that visibility isn't better...

BTW. I don't have HID's any more. But have different reason for that.

:sadlike: what of the car they come from or that come with the lights?

can you buy the plugs??

any help would be great thanks

You could also wire the existing loom directly into the wiring inside the headlight, bypassing the plug on the rear. Would require drilling a hole in the plastic cover on the rear and would be a PITA to remove the headlights, though.

I got mine from eBay for a fiver - bargain. You may be able to buy them from Audi. I got a pair for my foglights on my Golf direct from VW and they only cost about a tenner for both.

cheers:icon_thumright:

i was looking at these and a HID kit as i have one on the Bora

i have hid conversion on mine and they work fine and passed every mot i have had.

i have hid conversion on mine and they work fine and passed every mot i have had.

they only check for headlight aim, not whether they are HIDs. we have been down this road before, to be 100% legal they need to have automatic adjustment and have washer jets to keep them clean due to the intensity of the light.

Last edited:
I have HID's as well, much nicer.
to remove you need a 6 point bit (8mm?) two on top front and one on a extension down through the wing at the outside edge.
becareful not too but the mount at the lower front inside edge.

i notice on these Halo black aftermarket lights it says "no HID" has people still fitted them? guess its due to them being plastic and not glass??? and if the lights were on for a long time would damage the headlight unnit?

facelift lights are plastic anyway and HID's urn cooler than Halogens so that can't be it

well i have aftermarket halos on my Bora and they are plastic with HID kit fitted while im thinking about it,so seems strange as i thought HID kits were for these projector type headlights anyway

you say they run cooler? but on my Bora they do seem hot to touch,maybe no hotter than std headlights though

fitted the aftermarket lights this morning all is good apart from,how do you get the screw/bolt back in the bottom inside wing as before the side light came out seperate to undow it now its just one unit?

also how to you wire up the halos to work:redface:

Headlights fitted
just need to work out how to wire up the Halos
002-4.jpg

003-6.jpg

004-5.jpg

Last edited:
Got the face lift lights fitted now after all that,the adapters cost me more than the lights :)

if anyone wants some halo lights let me know (with/without HID kit)

+ 1 to standard facelift lights with xenons, go through mot's unless there amazingly strict :)

Aragorn,there's a guy from Germany selling adaptor harnesses on eBay so you don't have to do any cutting/soldering to fit facelift lights to nonfacelift cars.£50 a pop mind! Wouldn't mind the part number for the nonfacelift sockets as I've already got a set of facelift plugs.

Last edited:
for 50quid i'd be cracking out the solder!

If anyones wanting a set of facelift headlamps, i have a set available including the adjustment motors and with all mounting points intact, looking for £100.

Thats what i have fitted now mate (facelift) but they only cost me £30 :) but ill addmit i paid £50 for the adapters!

im after £70 for the Halos posted or £90 inc HID kit