Audi a4 b6 avant 1.9 tdi pd130

declan beard

Reaction score
Hi just wondering if anyone could help me, I took my EGR valve and inlet manifold off yesterday to clean it..
I cleaned it all properly with petrol came up like new I've put it all back together and now have engine management light on.. my mate plugged it in and it came up with an EGR valve issue ? there wasn't any problem with it before and I've checked it over properly again cant see what's causing the problem ? any help would be great thanks.

yeah can only go on one way as one pipes bigger diameter to the other

Not sure if this helps but here is what happened when I did this clean a few weeks ago,after cleaning the manifold & egr valve I used an airline gun to dry them off and while drying the egr I put the tip of the gun into the top pipe on the egr and thought I heard a "pop" noise but thought nothing of it,when I put all back on the car I got the warning light of and on for a week so I plugged it in and an egr fault was showing up,after a bit of thought I remembered the "pop" noise and new straight away I had actually burst the diaphragm in the egr,a quick search on eBay and I got a new one (£45) and light went off after 5 mins driving and 2 weeks later things are still fine,hope you get sorted.

thanks I think the petrol has damaged the diaphragm :( so did you change the black plastic one that operates the flap inside ? or inside the silver one on top ?

I just bought a new complete egr valve from eBay.