Audi a4 b6 doesnt absorb bumbs too well

MarijZ

Reaction score
So i have an audi a4 b6 avant 1.9 tdi avf… i replaced shocks, springs, upper arms and everything has been checked and supposedly okay. When i go trough road inperfections it sounds a little loud i think… i dont know it its normal or not… i fitted eibach springs… any suggestions?

What size wheels and tyres , also what make dampers ?

Last edited:
I'd imagine the rubber band style tyres aren't helping, plus I'll bet they're extra load rated for even less comfort

Well then, that's the compromise isn't it. Better handling and feel, but the extra steel results in compromised ride quality.

Why did you get XL tyres? They're unnecessary on a 1.9 and not what the car is rated for, plus unless you have the tyres up to 38+ psi they're're not even being used right.

Btw I only know all this because I went the other way. I bought mine with XL tyres and hated the crashy ride. Once I replaced the lot with regular tyres it the ride was SO much quieter and smooth, but the car then handled like a mobile bouncy castle

You have to decide what matters more for you and for me I'll take the ride it's meant to have.

Btw I only know all this because I went the other way. I bought mine with XL tyres and hated the crashy ride. Once I replaced the lot with regular tyres it the ride was SO much quieter and smooth, but the car then handled like a mobile bouncy castle

You have to decide what matters more for you and for me I'll take the ride it's meant to have.
The xl tires were includes with the wheels i bought…

I would take the ride as well probably… i like to drive fast sometimes but I’d rather have comfort

What tyres would you recommend?