Audi A4 B6 Passenger Door Has No Power and Door is Stuck Shut Help!!!!!

Dean Mancell

Reaction score
Hi, My audis passenger is is stuck shut, has no power to the lock, window or electric mirror and I cant even open it to check the wiring joint in the door. Is there a back up way to open the door at all or am I screwed?

Thanks for any help, i will reaaaaalllly appreciate it, thanks Dean

You're not screwed.... but you will need to try and force the door card off from the inside, hopefully you'll be able to get enough of the card away to enable you to pop the catch open. It does sound like the wiring is damaged at the hinge point. Good luck.

Morning,

I didn't want to start a new thread so did a search and found this.

My B6 Avant has the same problem.

Passenger rear is stuck shut. At the weekend all the doors would lock/unlock apart from the NSR. I then managed to get it to lock but then failed again to re-open. To make matters worse I have the child lock on so cannot be open from inside either.

I believe it's the wiring which has failed, making it not unlock or open.

Is there anything I can do to get it to open?

Is going into Audi next week but want to give something a go myself

Thanks
Michael

I took out the 4 screws from the doorcard yesterday, then tried to get the doorcard off, but with the door being shut I just could not get my fingers round it enough to pull it.

I then noticed I could access the wiring loom from outside the car at the bottom of the B pillar. I pulled back the rubber sleeve but could not see any damage to the wires. It could well be damaged further inside or at another part of the loom.

Any ideas how you'd get the door undone when the child lock is on?!?!

Well it's going into Audi today to see what the problem is, bound to cost me plenty of £££'s

Will report back with their findings

Split wires in the B Pillar, as expected.

No idea how they managed to get the door undone but they have.

£101.20 all in for the repair

Split wires in the B Pillar, as expected.

No idea how they managed to get the door undone but they have.

£101.20 all in for the repair

Sounds pretty fair to me!

I'd be interested to hear how they did it.

Car was in at Audi Colchester, used them quite a few times now and always seem very fair.

They were working on the car for about 3hrs or so, only charged me labour and parts to do the repair, nothing to get the door open.
I was told that it took them a while to work out how to get it open, but they didn't tell me how they did it.