Audi A4 B8 S line Bumper Removal / RS4 Grille Fitment Step-by-Step Guide

I notice you have adaptive cruise control, what extra steps did you have to take? Is it just a case of unplugging the radar unit?
On A4/A5 the radar is in the fog light grille, not the main front grille.

Yes, I am aware it's in the fog grille, but the full bumper has to be removed to change the radiator grille, so I was asking in relation to this.

So I removed my front bumper to change the grille, and for those with the active cruise control radar module, this is attached to the front structure of the car and therefore doesn't interfere with the bumper in any way! The same can be said for the headlight washer system - Its all contained in the front structure of the car (clever design) so there is nothing to disconnect when removing the bumper.
I now have a genuine S4 Black Edition Grille and fog light surrounds, Thanks for the guide.

Reactions: TechNick
Remember the foglights and front PDS connectors though, on my 2011 S4 the outside air probe and its wiring stay put on the crash bar.

Remember the foglights and front PDS connectors though, on my 2011 S4 the outside air probe and its wiring stay put on the crash bar.
The outside air temp sensor was attached via a removable clip to the inside of the grille on my (2009) car, so maybe they changed the design for the later cars?

The outside air temp sensor was attached via a removable clip to the inside of the grille on my (2009) car, so maybe they changed the design for the later cars?
That is what I was expecting to find, but having unplugged the foglights, the bumper was free from any other connections, maybe progress?

Edit:- if I remember correctly, the outside air probe is invisible until the bumper is removed, if that is so, then this has been progress at a cost in as much as the bumper would need to be removed to access to that probe, unless it can be reached from underneath once the front section of undercovers has been removed. Maybe I'm wrong and it is on top of the crash bar.

Hi Guys,

Would this guide also work for the RS6 onto A6 car?

Also, ScottishA4B9, a
re you able to sort out the images, please mate as they seem to be gone now?

Thanks guys!