Audi A4 B9 Parking brake fault

Audi1980**

Reaction score
Hello All,

I bought my second hand Audi A4 B9 Avant Mar-17 from East Kent Audi. So far, I have had the following issues:

Mar-17 (Three days after I bought it) Every warning on the virtual Dash lit up, Car recovered and Offside Wheel bearing sensor replaced. This was unfortunately on holiday.

Sep-17 Again, Every warning on the dash lit up again, car recovered and Offside Wheel bearing replaced.

I used to get a tyre pressure warning come up every so often and this seem to stop after this fix. I started to really love the car and then a week ago the following happened:

19.05.2018: Parking break fault, screeching at me everytime I switched the engine on.

I contacted Eastbourne Audi as I am in Hastings and it would be easier. Also the Customer Services at East Kent Audi had been dire and I couldn't face it again. They advised me to contact Audi Assistance who sent the AA. The car was showing two faults, Parking break switch and Cradle changing fault. Head office are also involved although they were like a chocolate teapot last time.

Credit where its due, Eastbourne have been emailing everyday. There were some more niggles I wanted them to look at but they say the car is not doing any of them now.They also claim that the faults that the AA reported are now there now, luckily the parking break one it there all the time and the car wobbles front to back when you park up. I never really noticed it until i got my hire car which is a A5.

Within 5 mins they called me and said did you realise that you have a dent in the passenger side door. They made it sound worse than it was and said did I want a quote? I didn't think it would hurt but they came back with £560.00 ! It is only a parking dink and I was hopeful it might be removable through PDR. I am going to get a second opinion as I have a suspicion they are trying it on. Never dealt with Approved Audi Paint shops before. It annoys me a bit that they were more concerned with making money out of me rather than fixing my car.

Sorry to hear about your issues, I have found Eastbourne Audi generally to be good but just don't let them valet your car. With the dent you are probably better off going to a mobile repair company, such as chips away, as they might be able to get the dent out at a far less cost than you've been quoted. Yes the Audi approved bodywork repair will aways be expensive and Eastbourne use a third party bodyshop.
When you saying parking brake do you mean 'P' on the gear select or the electronic parking brake?
What is your specs and colour? I might have seen you in Hastings...

Sorry to hear about your issues, I have found Eastbourne Audi generally to be good but just don't let them valet your car. With the dent you are probably better off going to a mobile repair company, such as chips away, as they might be able to get the dent out at a far less cost than you've been quoted. Yes the Audi approved bodywork repair will aways be expensive and Eastbourne use a third party bodyshop.
When you saying parking brake do you mean 'P' on the gear select or the electronic parking brake?
What is your specs and colour? I might have seen you in Hastings...

I think it the electronic parking brake. Last I heard they were checking the wiring. Yes, I know what you mean about valeting, I left notes all over the car not to wash it. I am really fussy about who touches it.
I'm thinking about contacting dent devils when I get the car back as I am not convinced it requires a respray as the paint isn't broken and I don't want to be left with a funny looking car. I have already had to have the bumper done due to some kind soul in Tesco car park.
I've got an 16 plate Daytona Grey Audi A4 2.0 TDI Advant S-line. I work on Chruchfield's industrial estate so you may have seen me around there.
I have a love/hate relationship with this car, I just wish it would stay fixed! When its behaving it's self its a beautiful car. It's also my first Audi when I decided to treat myself when I got promoted. I am the laughing stock of my department especially with the Merc/BMW owners. Although, I will say they are both waiting on recalls/updates to their cars.

I will look out for you and give you a wave but not often in Churchfields. Hope you get the issues resolved quickly..