Audi a4 drivers side door fault

steveboyo

Quattro'd Caravan
Reaction score
Hi All
I have an unusual fault on my a4 tdi avant 2003. It has electric windows all round.
Windows all power up/down off button(key fob) doors all lock unlock ok, yet with igntion on i have no power to the electric window switch unit and the mirrors/lock unlock button. And the alarm isn't turning itself on(no flashing led)? All other windows work ok when ignition is on, off their buttons. Can anyone help or would i have to check it out via vagcom.
Also buttons don't illuminate when head lights turned on?
Thanks All
Steve

Last edited:
You may have the wiring loom in the door broken
it generaly goes at the hinge point
you can quite often feel wires that have broken through the rubber
if not remove the rubber and have a look .

Thanks. Will check but unusual for the central locking and window to still work off the key fob.
You may have the wiring loom in the door broken
it generaly goes at the hinge point
you can quite often feel wires that have broken through the rubber
if not remove the rubber and have a look .

Hi All
Turned out to be a badly corroded pin on the plug to the main control board (on the door)! Had visions of forking out for a new board until i saw water marks on the plug? Plug is easy to strip down and with a little electrical cleaner all is good.
Thanks
Steve

got the same sort of fault,is the plug inside the door behind the panel or in the car???

Im on the same boat as well, had the door cover off 2day but all the plug connections seemed ok! any further ideas?

HI All
Plug is from door panel to control module/window winding module. You have to remove door panel to access module. When door card is removed, you can then get to the plug from the door card into the door control module. Mine seemed located but after some wiggling/removing and re inserting(push down tab on plug pull back locking arm). All was ok. You could check for power to the control module(if you have a multimeter) look for thicker cables(on another plug) and test them.
Hope this helps
Steve