Audi A4 Moro Blue 2.0 TFSI Special Ed Progress Thread :-)

Audi-Rog

Six Audi's & Counting!
Reaction score
Sadly, out goes my very rare DTM ed ! (All I'll say about that, is make sure you check your cars history thoroughly, so you don't get caught out!!)

:sob: .........anyway. been there, done that.....move on..

Replacing the DTM is this (potentially) stunning and very classy A4 B7 Special Ed 2.0 TFSI 220BHP in one of my favourite colours....Moro Blue. Not too many around in this colour. This car was derived from the DTM anyway. Its essentially the same car underneath (without the Quattro system in ths case).

It's a one owner car, up in the miles, but fully stamped Service History, but a little unloved in the looks dept......that will change!!

Updates will come over the year ahead. Keep watching!

This is on the day of purchase. Looking filty and unloved. But it's all original paintwork, unmolested and mechanically sound.

The colour is Moro Blue, which is pearlecent blue, black and some green. (as far as I can tell) looks awesome in the sun, bar the horrendous swirls!

This alloy is the worst I've ever seen! It's covered in rust deposits. It must of sat somewhere for a while at the the dealers when it was trading it.

Hopefully this will be removed with fallout remover!

The rest of the Alloys all look in usual shape, in line with it's age and use.

It has Continetal tyres all round and have plenty of tread left.

Sills looking like they've never been cleaned properly!

Lights don't have the amber indicator lenses. so look smart.

Being a black edition, the front grill and all the window sills and surrounds are all black, makes it look a bit meaner! :smilingimp:

A bit of paint transferance damage here, this looks like it should polish off or out.

Big cross drilled brakes, plenty of meat left on them. They always seem to have grooves on the disc. The calipers will be refurbed....I'm thinking red again!

Rear alloys. It's had new brakes at the rear.

Again the calipers to be refurbed.

The interior is nice. Full leather, RS4 pedal set up, cruise control, auto lights and auto dimming rear view mirror. Plus it has a Pioneer DAB, Bluetooth touch screen head unit! Bonus!

Multi funtion steering wheel. This will look better after a detox!

Auto lights with coming home function.

Auto dimming rear view mirror.

Full Bose sound system too!

RS4 pedals as standard on the later SE models. So I don't have to buy them for once :grin:

Filthy dirty engine bay!

So there you have it, one neglected but potentially awesome A4 SE.

More to come...:sunglasses:

Reactions: mister.c., Baka and Darren1983
Ok lets get on with a very basic clean. The time was late and I was running ot of light so the pics aren't the best but you get the idea!

Alloys first.

Billberry wheel cleaner and Auto Finesse wheel acid to get things going.

After the first stage. It will need alot more work, but thats all I'm doing for now.

This is the alloy covered in rust deposits. I have run out of Dragon's Breath fallout remover, so I will revisist this alloy when I have more.

This was after using the last of the dragon's breath.

:scared2: OOFF!

OMG!!

The worst fallout I have ever seen!!

It is removing it, but I will need loads more to remove it safely.

APC'd the plastics, nooks and crannies, grill and window rubbers and sills.

I pre- sprayed the lower areas with APC and let it dwell for a while. Then gave the car it's first ever 2 Bucket Method wash, probaly ever!

Rinsed off, the water is still sticking to the bodywork due to all the bonded contaminants. Looks good though!

The aim eventually, will be to have it look wet, when it is dry!

Alloys looking a little better. I'll remove them at some point and give them a decent deep clean and polish, then put on some protection.

The rear alloy, still needing alot of work. But I have removed a fair bit, so looking hopeful to restore it.
I ran out of fallout remover at this point, so I'll re-visit this alloy again once I have some more.

Looking loads better after a half decent clean.

It's starting to look like great looking car now!

More to come :nogarors4::sunglasses::grinning:

Reactions: Darren1983
Day 2 of ownership!

Inspect the bodywork from the initial clean. And sort out the exhausts.

Looks quite clean from here, but trust me it ain't!

The exhausts looking like they need a good scrub.

I then got side tracked when I realised the back of the car was covered in a massive build up of bonded contaminants. So decided to give that area a quick claybar to see how bad it was...

This was off one area below the rear lights!!

:scared2: OOFF!!

This was off the 3/4 panel.

Washed down again. The soap used as a clay lube.

This was off the passenger side blades!

It had obviously been sitting some where nasty for a little while to pick up all this crap!

I then clayed the whole car!

The bodywork now feels lovely and smooth. Still needs more work though. I will re clay the car prior to polishing.

Rinsed off again and looking better for it.

I started to use wire wool on the exhaust tips, but soon realised they were black tips not chromed! So I will see if I can repaint them? Luckily I didn't do any damage.

Then dryed off with Gtechniq C2V3 as a drying aid. Didn't stay dry for long as it was raining!

I then hand polished the scratched area on the front bumper. Not completely gone, but it's a good start. I will follow this up when I machine polish it later.

Looking a bit shiner than before, after a good claying session.

More to come...:salute:

Last edited:
Couple of little jobs completed today.

To replace the very worn looking Aux Belt. I had bought one for the DTM but never fitted it! It was also making a rasping noise. Not suprising looking at the state of it :scared2:

The other job was to check the condition of the DV.

To remove it was pretty simple (after looking on YouTube!). I used a 17M wrench to lever the belt tensioner off the belt.

I pushed the tensioner over to the right and removed the belt.

I needed to remove the undertray to gain access to the bottom pulleys (steering pump and condenser pump) A little fiddley but all on and done in around 20 mins.

I replaced a few damaged and missing tray fastners while I was there.

I had scanned the car with VCDS and one code that came up was the N249 valve had a mechanical malfunction! Quite common on these engines.

So to find out what the issue was, I removed the Diverter Valve (Rev C N249) and discovered the piston had come away. Handily the rubber membrane hadn't split, which is usual for these.

Luckily I had an old DV (Rev B) from the Golf , I'd removed. So removed the piston and replaced it in the one off the A4.

All back together and working as it should.

I then re-fitted the DV and took the car around the block and all is good.
Pulls like a train! :racer::nogarors4::rock:

After a long trip upto Wrexham last weekend, the A4 now looks like this again :puke:

Oh well.......no rest for the wicked :smilingimp::sunglasses:

I gave the car another quick once over. It's way too cold to machine polish it ATM. There are plenty of paintwork defects to rectify, once the weather warms up a bit.

For now, I'll be taking the photos from a good 10 yards away :D

Here are some more before pics. The winter roads are pretty bad aren't they! The car does look mean and moody though!

During wheel cleaning.

I had a little Valet Pro Dragons Breath left so re-applied that to the really bad alloy. Still needs more applications to fully remove it safely. It's looking better though. (more DB came after this pic, so I will re-visit this alloy soon)

This is after a good 2 Bucket Method wash and dryed with Gtechniq C2v3 sealant. I haven't dressed the plastics or tyres yet.

Here are quite a few pics to look at :D

It's starting to look better , each time a clean it. Lots more to do though, as it doesn't look that great in direct sunlight :screamcat:

My future plans for the A4 are (in no particular order.)

• Change standard air filter to a performance panel fiter
  • Change the Snub mount (OEM or performance not decided yet)
  • Change cabin filter
  • Touch in any stone chips and scratches around the car
  • Properly detail and machine polish the exterior
  • Detail and deep clean the interior
  • Fix armrest clip!
  • Refurb the Brake calipers and hubs
  • Maybe a RS4 rear anti roll bar
  • Upgrade the suspension bushes
  • Remap? Not too bothered as it feels quick enough!
This list will undoubtedly grow!

I have no real plans to modify the look of the car, that's not really my style. If I do it will be OEM+

Thanks for looking.

:)

Looks well mate, nice colour as well.

Shame about the DTM, was a nIce little motor.

Reactions: Audi-Rog
what happend to the DTM?

I don't really want to say as the new owner is a new member on here. It's just I don't really like silver cars :D

I am very happy with the SE though. Awesome colour , great spec and is different enough to feel new to me. Being a bit newer it feels nicer to drive and more responsive and doesn't have any rust either :)

Last edited:
That is one shiny steering wheel. But I am sure it will not be later so shiny.

*NEWSFLASH*

I've just checked my paint code, (prior to ordering some touch in paint) and realised the actual colour of my car is Deep Sea Blue Pearl (LZ5A) and not Moro Blue (LZ5J), as I first thought (guessed). That could possibly make it an even more unusual colour......cool :happy:

So the title of my thread is now wrong, that's going to bug me :sadlike: :D

Anyway, more updates to come :)

Last edited:
Any plans how to clean it?
My son had a paper route earlier and after every time I had to clean the steering wheel from the newspaper ink. I did it with very diluted APC. That made the wheel like new after several times of cleaning. This just as a tip. I have tried also the magic sponge on a very shiny steering wheel. Did a good job, but have to be really careful not to over do it. And after that it needs some kind of treatment to close back the pores on the leather.

BTW: Your tales are nice reading.

Any plans how to clean it?
My son had a paper route earlier and after every time I had to clean the steering wheel from the newspaper ink. I did it with very diluted APC. That made the wheel like new after several times of cleaning. This just as a tip. I have tried also the magic sponge on a very shiny steering wheel. Did a good job, but have to be really careful not to over do it. And after that it needs some kind of treatment to close back the pores on the leather.

BTW: Your tales are nice reading.

Hi Makelja,

Thanks man, I'm glad you enjoy my threads. I like doing the progress threads. It's nice to look back on the work I've done to my cars and if fellow enthusiasts like them, or get some inspiration from them, that's a cool bonus. Plenty of other people's threads have inspired me, that's for sure :)

What you are doing can appear to give good results, however you could be inadvertently damaging your leather! As an experienced Detailer, I can give a few pointers for safely cleaning leather, to help you get the best results.

You can use a very diluted APC solution to remove the grease, however too many uses can dry out the leather. I always follow any cleaning with a good leather conditioner to feed and protect the leather and keep it top condition. (You may do this already)

I tend not to use the magic sponge. I know it can appear to give good results, but it is very abrasive, so if you're not careful you can damage the leather finish.

For the best and least aggressive solution, I use dedicated leather cleaning products. I use Gliptone Liquid Leather cleaner and conditioner for general use. When I was detailing, I would use the top end LTT Leather Car products.

These are very easy to use and the most effective. They leave the leather clean, conditioned, silky smooth and protected. Plus they give the lovely leather smell back to the interior :)

Links to products below:

http://lttleathercare.com/product/auto-leather-care-kit/

http://www.perfectlycleaned.co.uk/g...gt11-car-care---2-product-only-kit-4664-p.asp

There are plenty of top quality products out there to use, what too many to list.

I hope that helps you mate ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: makelja
I managed to get a couple more jobs completed on the A4.

1st job:

The cupholder fascia was damaged, which i couldn't live with....

.....so after a quick search on eBay

Old one out, after some faffing :sweat:

New one fitted :)

I have managed to scratch the surround a little, so I might change it at some point. It's also very tightly fitted (same as the previous cupholder) so it won't eject :rage: The HU position needs adjusting slightly. I'll do that once I have some radio removal tools.

2nd job:

Clean up the steering wheel (the rest of the interior will be deep cleaned later)

Before:

Leather and Nadia Fibre trim. (I had given the nadia fibre a quick clean a few weeks ago)

Remember shiney leather is dirty leather ;)

The Nadia Fibre was re-cleaned with Chemical Guys Fabric Clean, diluted 10:1

Then the leather was gently cleaned with LTT Ultra Foam and agitated with a soft leather brush.

After Ultra Foam.

At this point, although the leather was looking cleaner, I wasn't that happy with the results. Due to the excessive build up of grime being so bad, it needed something a little more aggressive......so going against my own advice, I got out the Magic Sponge and very gently went over the leather.

This worked a treat.

I'm in no doubt though, I could of carried on with the Ultra foam and got the desired result, but it would have taken a lot longer.

Remember the Magic Sponge is a very aggressive way of cleaning and can cause permanent if you don't use it properly. If you are going to do this, always use a lubricant. In my case I used the interior shampoo. This will prevent the sponge from scratching and permanently damaging the leather finish. I certainly won't be repeating this method on this wheel. It shouldn't need it anyway, if the maintainence is kept up.

This was followed up with LTT Ultra Protect, which norishes, moisturises and sheilds the leather from UV damage. Whilst resisting dirt and grease. It needs 24 hrs to become fully affective.

After :)

Looks, feels and smells much nicer now :sunglasses:

I was so impressed, I gave my wifes Golf GTI steering wheel the same treatment :)

Before: :puke:

After :D

Happy with that. Much improved finish!

Remember guys, happy Wife = happy life :whistle2:

Thanks for looking :)

*Little update*

The car has been generally running very well, until recently. The engine idle speed started to fluctuate, up around 1200 rpm, once the car was upto temperature.

As you all may know this is a very common issue on most TFSI engines. The main culprit is usually the PCV valve (Crankcase Pressure Valve). So I purchased an aftermarket valve and Seal, from eBay. (£26 delivered) German made and half the price of the genuine parts. We will see if it lasts. It certainly feels well made.

The install is relatively quick and easy to do. And has been done by most people on here, but this "guide" may help somebody ;)

To get to the Valve, I removed the engine cover.

It is the original valve by the look of it, so is around 10 years old! It's done very well to last that long!

To remove the valve, I removed the 4 torx head screws and disconnected the hoses.

It's a bit of a faff to remove, especially if it's the first time it's ever been off!

This is the old Rev C valve. This has been revised many times since.

Next up is to replace the old seal. You can see where it has leaked in air. Causing the idle to rise.

Old seal removed.

New seal in place.

New PCV valve ready to go in. This is the Rev N equivalent.

All back together and the car is running even better than before! Completely cured the issue.

The other item I changed to illiminate any other possible causes, was the Clutch Switch situated on the pedal assembly in the cockpit.

Part Number: 7H0 927 189

No pics of the install, as it took no more than 3 minutes to fit. This has made the gear changes feel much smoother. That maybe placebo effect though!

:)

Last edited:
Reactions: itsMario
Next up change the front brake discs and pads and paint the calipers!

First, jack up the front end and put on axel stands.

Old ribbed discs.

Nasty rusty looking calipers!

Alloy removed.

Next remove the disc securing screw. These can be a nightmare to remove as they tend to chew up if your not dead square. Top tip: make sure you lock the disc by applying the foot brake. This makes it alot easier.

Then remove the caliper retaining clip.

Next, remove the sliders from the rear of the caliper.

Then remove the Caliper carrier bolts. These came out ok. These were a bit tougher to remove on the passenger side!

Disc and carrier off.

Then your're left with this.

After a good scub with a wire brush and brake cleaner.

I then painted the brake shield with black hammerite to protect it.

After a thin layer of hammerite.

The Brake discs I have are top end! Brembo 320mm and cross drilled. They also have hub and disc protection, so they won't rust!

Nice new Brembo discs. 320mm, cross drilled as the OEM are.

The pads to go with them were EBC, which are OEM + (as recommended by Just Rob on the forum, cheers for that mate!)

Brembo supply new caliper retaining screws, philips head too!

New disc fitted.

The sliders were wire brushed clean and copper slipped.

The top slider is before, the bottom one is after.

I then decided to paint the calipers. So while the carrier was off the car. It was prepped for paint,

Being a sucker for red calipers! The colour of choice could only be RED! I used Halfords red caliper paint. Good stuff to use actually :)

The new EBC brake pads were installed. Then the back of the caliper is masked up, to protect the aluminium and give a nice edge.

The caliper clip was painted black and once the caliper had 2-3 coats it was fitted.

The whole process was repeated for the passnger side. In between some very heavy rain showers!

After shots :)

Alloys back on.

A few shots with the whole car. After a polish with Auto Finesse Tripple All-In-One polish and sealant.

Personally, I think the red calipers compliment the Deep Sea Blue paintwork nicely. :sunglasses:

I took it out for a quick run to make sure all is working as it should....and it is! :nogarors4: :rockwoot:

Very happy with the look of the calipers and the brakes feel better already!

Comments welcome :salute:

The rear calipers and discs will refurbed to match soon....

Awesome thread like you say we have very similar cars and very similar projects on our hands Haha! Yours is looking stunning now loved your DTM too

Awesome thread like you say we have very similar cars and very similar projects on our hands Haha! Yours is looking stunning now loved your DTM too

Cheers Jamie, it's getting there. The bodywork needs alot more work. TheTripple polish only masks the swirls! It's getting time to do it properly :anguished:

Yeah we do have similar things to work on. I supposed being the same model and similar age, the same things need changing or go wrong :laughing:

The DTM was an awesome looking A4. It took alot of effort to get it looking half decent. However, it needed way more than I wanted to spend on it to make it perfect.

Yeah mate I know mines on 137k now what about yours?

The Dtm looked like it could have possibly had a hard life before you got it which is a shame

Gave mine a buff today with some autoglym SRP and like yours it needs a propper going over at some point

Mine has covered 132k, so similar mileage too. The slightly higher mileage doesn't bother me, as I don't do many miles (less than 4K a year). It's been well serviced and is completely standard. I'm only the second owner too :)

The DTM had definitely had a hard life before me, 9 previous owners!! it had a knock at the front and wasn't really repaired to the best standard. I had fun turning it around and giving it another "lease of life", hopefully for the new owner to carry on rescuing it. Which I believe he is ;)

Yours definitely looks a lot better after some polishing, very nice work :hearteyes: SRP does a good job until your ready to do some correction work. I look forward to seeing your progress mate.

Last edited:
Reactions: jamie_a4
love the colour of your car bud.

always enjoy reading your progress threads.

Wow! I been away from this thread for a good while! So I thought I'd update it. I have been steadily improving it over the last 6 months. Here's what I've doing:grin:

1st up touch in the stone chips.

Before pics.

Anyway there are many other stone chips and scratches, but you get the idea!

After touching in, not perfect but it takes your eye away from the damage.

The next small improvement was to replace the standard caliper clip for the "S4" style clip. Less than £8 from eBay!

Standard clip.

Pre painted the S4 clip black. Not perfect but good enough for me.

Installed.

Alloys back on and looking better. Only took 10 mins too.

Next, replace the worn wiper blades.

Bosch areo twin blades, £20 from eBay again!

Old Blade.

Removal.

New blade installed.

Next up..... re-furb the rear calipers and hubs :smiley:

Rear Calipers before :puke:

Wheels off.

Cleaned up and rubbed down.

Brake disc guard painted black. And silver for the hubs and disc edge.

Red for the calipers :smiley:

After to couple of coats and the masking removed.

Finished and alloys back on:sunglasses:

Front and back now matching!

Next little job.....change the cabin filter.

Old filter

New Vs Old

New filter installed.

Next up replace a leaking Brake vacuum pump! Same problem I've had on the DTM and my Mk5 Golf GTI:weary:

Not an easy job on the A4 due to the position being at the bulkhead.

Old pump.

Cables disconnected.

After alot of faffing and back ache :sweat:

Old Vs used but updated replacement from eBay.

New pump installed.

All buttoned up and ready to go..

After a quick clean :smirk:

Next up sort out the interior :weary::smiley:

Next up is to give the interior a good clean and refresh as I haven't cleaned the interior since I bought it in Jan.

Before. Doesn't look that bad....however looks can be deceiving!

Ok on with the deep clean.

Following a very thorough vacuuming. The plastics were APC'd to remove all the grease and dirt.

Carpet stain removed.

Before

After...looking better.

The leather was next. It was given a degrease with a mild APC solution. Here's a few 50:50's to show the state of the leather :blink::puke:

Front seat before.

50:50

Rear seat 50:50

Pedal set before.

After

After pics.

The leather was conditioned and protected with Gliptone Liquid Leather.

It's now looking and smelling better :smiley:

Reactions: mister.c.
Well, I've done quite a few mechanical jobs on my cars,over the years, but never an oil and filter change, for some unknown reason. Maybe due to the potential mess and agro! So it was about time I had a go..... how hard can it be, eh :grin:

So the aim is to give the car a full service, oil, oil filter, spark plugs and new performance air filter. (I'll do the fuel filter later)

Prior to removing the sump bolt I removed the oil cap, this ensured the oil could run out smoothly, no air lock! I learnt this when I was doing the Golf ;)

I had to buy a 36mm socket to remove the oil filter housing.

The new oil filter came with a replacement O ring, which you need to replace.

The oil I used came from TPS, 5Ltr Longlife 5W30. I managed to get 35% discount off all my parts, as I know someone who works there, pretty handy:smiley: £18 for 5ltrs of oil not too bad eh?

A little tip is to half fill the oil filter before fitting this will prevent any oil starvation, found that out via YouTube :yes:

With the oil fliter back on and the engine filled with 4.6 litres of oil.... it was onto fitting the new spark plugs.

I used the OEM spark plugs as I could get them straight away. I don't do too many miles anyway, so they will be fine.

Shiney new spark plug!

The old spark plug removed, not too bad I don't think. But due to be changed, for sure.

All removed.

New plug fitted.

I gave the rocker cover a little wipe down prior to re-installing the coil packs.

All back in.

Loom re-connected.

All done.

I'm very happy with how the service went, with only a little oil on my driveway :laughing:

I will be doing all my own servicing from now on, it was pretty simple really and way, way cheaper than any garage or dealer :yes:

Next up...install air filter.

Awesome stuff mate!! genuine question..... If I drive to you, will u clean my car :witless: my leather needs a good clean lol

Great thread, only just found the projects section. I have lots of the same jobs to do on my own car so its good to have a guide with pictures and a decent explanation of whats going on.

Awesome stuff mate!! genuine question..... If I drive to you, will u clean my car :witless: my leather needs a good clean lol

Cheers Cazbrak :smiley:

I could clean your car, but I ain't cheep :tonguewink: I have been known detail a few in my time ;)

Great thread, only just found the projects section. I have lots of the same jobs to do on my own car so its good to have a guide with pictures and a decent explanation of whats going on.

Thanks mate :grin:

I done a few of these threads over the years, I like doing them and I have been helped by similar threads too. So just passing it on, so to speak :smiley:

Good luck with your projects, if you need any help or advise let me know :racer:

Next little job: Change the standard panel air filter to a performance Ramiar filter. I use Ramair as they're effective and reasonably priced (£24)

I'll let the pictures do the talking this time ;)

All back together.

Next to fit a new DV!

Ok next to fit, is a new DV. The original DV had been throwing up a code on VCDS, stating it had a mechanical failure. So I had a look on eBay to see if I could find a cheap genuine DV+, as they are £97.50 where ever you look :unamused:

I couldn't find one and found out some sellers are selling fakes, would you believe it:openmouth: So I decided to try out a cheaper version by made by Runtek. Link below.

RUNTEK-UPRATED-DIVERTER-VALVE-VW-GOLF-2-0-TFSI-GTI-MK5-MK6-MK7-NOT-DUMP-VALVE

Here are the fitting pics.

The Runtek DV. Pretty well made actually.

Comes with the bolts and inards.

Original DV.

Rev C DV removed.

The issue was the top had been coming off the "plunger" part. Throwing up the code.

The DV+ uses the bottom half (actuator) and replaces the top half.

Order of fitting, spring (that comes with the kit) first.

Then this "plunger" part.

Then followed dy the DV+body and piston.

I ended up celotaping the two parts together to help the fitting, as they wouldn't stay together :unamused:

All back together.

Impressions so far:

I've had the DV+ in for a few weeks now and it's been spot on, no boost leaks, revs all the way to the red line with no issues at all. Definately feels better than before, but the old one was broken so not definitive. However, I had the Rev G on my DTM and this feels as good if not better than that, so I am more than happy and only cost £37....bargain!

And since I've fitted the DV+, I have fitted a Race Chip Pro 2, which I found on eBay for £60! Took 5 mins to fit and has added 50HP and 71NM of torque!!

The car is now a complete animal with around 270 BHP and 371Nm, loving it, best £60 spent so far :smilingimp::racer::scared2:

Awesome mate!! Have u got a link to the chip you bought?? Also where abouts in bucks are you from..???

Hi there.

Read your thread with interest.

Just bought a Audi a4 cab myself 2008 2.0tfsi.

I've been into bmws for a while and active on forums there. Loved threads like this. Are you still around as I can see last post was in October.

Thanks mate. First few things for me are finding decent garage for service and get roof issue sorted. After that I'm keen to detail like yours and also thinning pcv and dv . Keen to understand whether the dv you fit is straight swap. Don't know too much about it!

The DV is a direct swap, it's a little tricky to fit as its an under the car job! (For the KO3 turbo'd cars anyway) A lot of people use the Rev G DV, which is one of the best and recommended by most to use. The DV+ is very good also. I chose the Runtek DV+ as it is a lot cheaper and I'm tight :laughing:

Some updates :smiley:

The Audis front tyres were getting low and needed to be changed. So instead of buying 2 new tyres (like anyone sensible!) I decided for an extra few quid I could get some alloys and tyres!

After searching eBay for a few weeks, I found these genuine Audi 18" Avus Alloys, which are one of my favourite style alloys, normally found on a S4 B6/B7. They had nearly new tyres on 2 of the alloys and 2 with loads of tread left on them. As I don't do much mileage, they will suit me nicely. And all for the price of 2 premium tyres!
So I set off for a 2hr trip (each way!) to Aldershot to pick them up.

Before pics.

2 were pretty filthy and corroded on the inner rims and in need of some deep cleaning. The other 2 weren't too bad.

The rougher alloy.

The better condition alloy.

Plenty of life left in the tyres.

On with cleaning, with AutoBrite's Acid wheel cleaner, I wasn't messing around!

Good inner rims.

Corroded inner rims!

After cleaning, not spotless but alot better,

This is a good as these get, badly corroded... in need of refurb really.

I then touched in all the curb rash with ford silver paint, matched up well too.

The A4 with the standard Le-Mans 18" alloys. They do look good, but I am a little bored with the look of the car!

New alloy on!

One side done.

The centre caps installed, all done!

The car then went in for it's MOT, where they found both rear coil springs had snapped:openmouth:

So after sorting out them it looks like this now. Sitting better now and fully tracked and aligned.

I am going to keep both sets of alloys and swap them round when I fancy a change.

More updates to come.:icon thumright:

Since I've had the car (over a year), I haven't inspected the Cam follower, which are prone to failure. I already had a spare cam follower from the Golf, which wasn't worn, that I used as a replacement.

Another thing I've had to do is replace the coil packs, as the engine had a misfire. I traced it to a faulty coil pack and bought a (revised) genuine set from TPS.

Onto removing the Cam Follower. First disconnected the battery.

To get access, I removed the PCV pipes.

Bracket removed.

Disconnected the power connectors.

Removed the cap and de-pressurised the fuel system by pressing the valve with a flat head screwdriver.

Unscrewed the fuel connector.

After removing the HPFP , I took out the old very worn looking cam follower, I think I caught this just in time!:scared2:

Replacement CF put in and all buttoned up again.:icon thumright:

In the process, I managed to break the very brittle PCV breather pipe from the rocker to the engine block! I had to tape it up to get it sorted by the garage:unamused: I could have done it, but it was having some work done anyway.

All good now though :grin:

More to come soon :thumbs up:

Reactions: Sidrick