Audi A4 Quattro 3.0 tdi.....can't be remapped!

QuattroSi

Reaction score
Hi guys, I really need some help on this, I have the above car its a 2005 201bhp model, I have owned this for a month now and I have to say I am definitely not feeling the love with it to say the least....its my first Audi and I mean no disrespect to any members with cars they are happy with as I am a bit of a petrol head and appreciate all motors and peoples tastes are different....
Any way that's enough drivel for you all...here is my plight......
I have been to two outlets for a remap one being a major player in the remap world the other not so large.
The first outlet told me they did not support my Ecu number? so could not provide a map.
The second smaller outlet who was providing a custom map from my Ecu spent two and a half hours on my Ecu and came up with the results
Either the first company have damaged the Ecu in some way, or the car has been mapped already and someone has protected the files, or the Ecu has corrupt files which stopped him from accessing the Ecu making it un mappable.
I can not tell if the car has been mapped as I have came from a high performance vehicle and the car feels a bit sloooooow( to what I am used to) :)
The car its self runs perfectly in every other way so.
Is there any thing I can do to try and get a factory Flash or such like to get a map on this Ecu?
Would a generic type of remap work on this, like a superchip or one like this?
Kind regards
Si.

Think am Rite in Saying, that when a car is Mapped by Revo, It's then locked out so no other tuners can Alter it,Apart from them selfs, Not that am saying urs is a Revo, but it's a possibility ....

Hi guys, I really need some help on this, I have the above car its a 2005 201bhp model, I have owned this for a month now and I have to say I am definitely not feeling the love with it to say the least....its my first Audi and I mean no disrespect to any members with cars they are happy with as I am a bit of a petrol head and appreciate all motors and peoples tastes are different....
Any way that's enough drivel for you all...here is my plight......
I have been to two outlets for a remap one being a major player in the remap world the other not so large.
The first outlet told me they did not support my Ecu number? so could not provide a map.
The second smaller outlet who was providing a custom map from my Ecu spent two and a half hours on my Ecu and came up with the results
Either the first company have damaged the Ecu in some way, or the car has been mapped already and someone has protected the files, or the Ecu has corrupt files which stopped him from accessing the Ecu making it un mappable.
I can not tell if the car has been mapped as I have came from a high performance vehicle and the car feels a bit sloooooow( to what I am used to) :)
The car its self runs perfectly in every other way so.
Is there any thing I can do to try and get a factory Flash or such like to get a map on this Ecu?
Would a generic type of remap work on this, like a superchip or one like this?
Kind regards
Si.

Speak to rick @ unicorn motor developments mate. He can do anything, and I mean anything.

Reactions: Jimbo.King and V6 Quatt
Think am Rite in Saying, that when a car is Mapped by Revo, It's then locked out so no other tuners can Alter it,Apart from them selfs, Not that am saying urs is a Revo, but it's a possibility ....
All the "no read" tags can be easily by-passed if read on the bench... It looks like the outfits you're using only know how to deal with "generic remaps"...

So is it safe to say then the Ecu has been altered from manufacture standard?

i thought the same with revo mapping locking out the ECU, just out of interest what are you comparing the 3.0tdi too?

any REVO approved garage / person will be able to check if it has been remapped for you.

i thought the same with revo mapping locking out the ECU, just out of interest what are you comparing the 3.0tdi too?

any REVO approved garage / person will be able to check if it has been remapped for you.

My first stop was Revo!, the Revo technician told me that Revo did not support my Ecu number??,He did not tell me it had been remapped in any way he did say that no Revo map would never work on this Ecu I could never get a Revo map!
I am not comparing the 3.0 tdi to my past car in any way apart from the fact I can't tell if its mapped or not. My last car was an e46 M3. Before people say well a diesel drives different, power delivers differently etc etc I am aware of all these factors that is why I am not comparing my A4 to my M3.....if that make sense. Si :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Reactions: jabba
when i took my 3.0tdi to be remapped by a revo dealer they told me something similar...

something about my ecu part number was different to the files they had, they did send away to revo though and sure enough 3-4days later called me to advise my map had be created... that said im sure revo's advert states 35% off if moving from a different map then stock so it might actually work in your favour...

out of curiousity where are you based?

when i took my 3.0tdi to be remapped by a revo dealer they told me something similar...

something about my ecu part number was different to the files they had, they did send away to revo though and sure enough 3-4days later called me to advise my map had be created... that said im sure revo's advert states 35% off if moving from a different map then stock so it might actually work in your favour...

I was told Revo would never remap my Ecu number ever!. pretty much the same as what you were told, no

out of curiousity where are you based?

No phone call for me 3-4 days later, I am in Wiltshire.

im sure theres a Revo Rep who floats about on this forum??

failing that ring Revo Northampton direct and query it with them... they'll be able to shine more light on it...

i did this and they told me straight away the dealer had contacted them and they were working on the map for my ECU

your other alternate is bluefins map... the handheld thing

i heard good reviews about this thing but i followed revo for the name

that said revos meant to be a much harsher map with bluefins being a little bit smoother or less power?? something along those lines anyhow

any queries bud give us a shout, im not an expert but will do my best to help if you like

No phone call for me 3-4 days later, I am in Wiltshire.

Cheers Skandz, I have given up with the whole map idea now as I feel if the files have been tweaked on the Ecu then it's probably mapped already so what would be the point in paying again. I have mailed Revo direct and they have said what the fitter said it can't be done on my Ecu no support etc.
Si.