Audi A4 window trim

Rammmaz

Reaction score
Hey everyone.

As you can see I’m new to this forum but everyone seems great from what I’ve read so far and very knowledgeable.

anyway I have an Audi A4 black edition 2012
My cars starting to look a bit tired now so I’ve decided to have my alloys refurbed, and callipers done.

bow I was wondering if anyone can recommend or tell me if I can have the window trim a changed or upgraded? the rubber trim looks tired and discoloured

** IMAGE **

https://imgur.com/KaQReoF

many thanks for any help and suggestions to bring my baby back to life.

You're posting in the Allroad section by the way.:whistle2:

Regards window rubbers. I'd be very reluctant to strip them out and replace. I'll bet if you ask to get a quote from the main dealer you'll need to put a call through to NHS 24 afterwards!

Oxidisation, wax, and UV damage all take their toll. Try cleaning with a mild detergent, then stripping back with methylated spirit or rubbing alcohol on a damp microfibre cloth. The rubber needs to be dressed in order to make it supple and hopefully give it protection to the elements. This is where it gets tricky. There are literally hundreds of products on the market all claiming to do the same thing.

Gtechniq C4 permanent trim restorer gets a good write up on trim sections, although it's expensive . I'd be tempted to use it on plastic oxidised trim only, but switch to another product for rubber. If in doubt, work on a small section first.

Sorry about the wrong thread. Dammit that sounds like hard work for a DIY. Would Audi even touch this job without charging a fortune?

Sorry about the wrong thread. Dammit that sounds like hard work for a DIY. Would Audi even touch this job without charging a fortune?

Don't even think about the Audi main dealer. Honestly it will be extortionate, and I'm not even convinced they'd have the ability, this is a task for a bodyshop who are used to stripping cars down to prepare for paint if you do opt to replace the window rubbers.

It's not a lot of work honestly, but if it's not your thing, source a decent detailing business, and explain over the phone. They must have to deal with this sort of thing all the time and no doubt have a few tricks up their sleeves. Go for a business that has their own premises, not mobile units.