Audi a5 2.7tdi upgrade

A5DRS

Reaction score
Any info on upgrading power on my 2.7 tdi

Do you want to go past a remap ? If yes then be prepared to change turbo as it's the bottleneck...

Thanks thinking of intercooler and turbo I am putting 20" alloys with 10.5 rear 30 offset will 35 profile on the tyre be ok and not rub thanks

If you are not looking to do huge mods, I would recommend you get the DPF removed and go for a Stage 2 remap. This will output a huge gain. If you want more info get in contact.

EGT goes off the roof with the small gtb 1756vk on a stage 2 (whatever that means) map ! The best option is to fit the gtb2260vk, I know of one which done 280Bhp with one...

Can't go too mad with power and torque on a 2.7 TDI due to the multichronic gearbox.Only being FWD isn't the best with nearly 300bhp in what is quite a big heavy car.
I would say the 3.0 TDI GTB2260VK turbo and a good map is the way to go.

They do them in manual guise as well as automatic...

I done this one some years ago with the stock 1756vk.

Held together well about from the clutch but it was driven hard.

Anyway auto transmission should hold a lot better gains than manual (after remap of it) dunno about audi one used in 2.7 but I know a guy with 330d automatic doing 550hp (650hp on n2o bmw) w/o problems with transmission.

The auto transmission used in the 2.7 TDI is a multichronic gearbox which is pretty weak compared to a traditional torque convertor box used in the BMW. Even with a manual box the 2.7 is FWD so not the best for 300 bhp plus.

The auto transmission used in the 2.7 TDI is a multichronic gearbox which is pretty weak compared to a traditional torque convertor box used in the BMW. Even with a manual box the 2.7 is FWD so not the best for 300 bhp plus.
So on audi is better manual gearbox and then upgrade inside (shafts copulers etcc) or change it from another bigger engine (e.g. from 4.2 + adapters)? Good to know xD

The best thing to do if you are looking to buy a car that you intend to modify for performance is get a 3.0 TDI in the first place. Quattro with a tiptronic gearbox and a bigger turbo.