Audi A5 3.0 TDI Exhaust

gordie_20

Reaction score
Hi there. I'm new to this forum and I have just bought an A5 3.0 Quattro SLine. I was wondering if any one had removed the two back boxes and replaced with a pipe? I am not looking to buy a cat back system or delete the DPF. I would just like a little more of a tone from the exhaust as the standard is very quiet and wondered if any one had done this and what the results were. Thank you.

Have a look at @desertstorm build thread, there is a link in his signature.

Apparently the DPF delete gives a good sound if you want a bit more grunt in more ways than one!

Removing the rear boxes will help with a little more noise and a bit more go but as stated above the DPF makes a very good silencer, It would be cheap enough to get the rear boxes deleted at a custom exhaust place.

Thanks both. I have literally just finished reading @desertstorm thread and it's a great read, well done. Do you think it would be more beneficial to delete the DPF and keep the rear silencers or vice versa. I'm not looking for loud but like most others would like to hear the V6 more. Thanks.

Removal of the DPF and the rear silencers may be too loud, You would potentially end up with something like the supersprint system.
http://www.supersprint.com/ww-en/audi-a5-30-tdi-full-exhaust-defap-no-silencers.aspx
You probably don't want it that loud all the time.
You get an idea how much different the car will sound by this video. Not a B8, But similar exhaust system . You will gain power and torque but not quite sure it will be as much as in this video.