Audi A5 Coupe Upgrades (2.0l 170BHP TDI, 2012)

Troop90

Reaction score
Hi all, first post on this forum, i have used others but nobody really cares to help just show off.

I have just bought an Audi A5 2.0 170 TDI, as an all day car but i want to try get a bit more out of it.
I have looked at Revo and K&N to try and get an induction kit (just to get a little more noise), but they do not support as they are for performance only.

I just want to do some upgrades and try make it a little throatier (not stupidly loud but at least some growl lol).

Can any of you help please, or give any advice on other upgrades for my model.

Thanks in advance all

Daniel, Derbyshire

It's a bit old school and it might not be considered particularly elegant, but you could drill some holes in the existing airbox. Add to that a panel filter (as opposed to a full replacement air box/filter) and you will have more oxygen going into the engine. https://www.awesomegti.com/shop-by-car/audi/a5-b8/pipercross-audi-a5-8f-panel-filter-2-0tdi/

This will certainly increase induction noise without being obnoxious and the odd BHP increase.

Just ensure you do it on the side that is pulling air in (i.e. grille) end and you should be all good.

If you really wanted to progress it, you could add a cold air feed from the bumper to the airbox - again, old school, but will increase airflow to the engine.

FYI, these are all just suggestions - only do what you feel comfortable doing to your car!