Audi a6 2.0 tdi DPF delete

adamss24

Reaction score
As per title last week we had in a 2012 Audi a6 2.0 tdi with a blocked DPF, it was so sever the car would not idle, it exhibited similar symptoms as a immo issue. Anyway after a quick diagnosis I came to conclusion that the dPF is so full it really chocked the engine. It was a pain to remove of the car- I wonder how manufacturers can build cars this big with less room
Inside and so difficult to work on !?! Anyway, after the DPF was deleted we got the mapping done and there is again a happy owner motoring away on uk roads ! The car only had 50k on the clock and it's driven very hard by the owner so it should not get blocked at all with the chap's driving style ! Here are a few pictures of the work in progress !

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    688.4 KB · Views: 4,221
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    743.4 KB · Views: 3,286
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    945.1 KB · Views: 4,010
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    993.7 KB · Views: 1,960
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    965.5 KB · Views: 2,317
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    952.9 KB · Views: 1,965
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3,645
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 1,919
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 1,895
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    274 KB · Views: 2,107
Reactions: bobby singh
Great work Chris but what does the very near future dpf testing beyond the current visual hold for this practice ?

I really doubt the current Mot testing stations will implement such testing machines to be able to tell if there is a dPF fitted or not ! Apart from the usual visual examination, tuners will make a fortune by selling clean tunes with reduced fuelling in order to pass very stringent tests !

That smoke opacity test is so relaxed , dpf equipped pass at 1.50 , my Euro 3 adverages that with no cat and just a back box .

Yep, my 2005 Audi Allroad with big nozzles, big turbo and straight trough exhaust does not even smoke on full throttle with enough fuel and air for 300 Bhp ! If you tune it correctly you will have a very clean diesel !

The mot tester we use does a fast pass test to save time and to be honest their machines can be cheated if you really want ! I will be more concerned on safety of a car running ditch finder tyres or worn suspension than focus on emission issues- a bit of smoke won't hurt anyone !

Had my 2012 done at 26k from above in situ - guy said he would be very wary of doing another as it proved so difficult. CPU out of the car - Quantum Tuning DPF delete - EGR Valve Delete - Stage 1 Boost - Oil Change. Running much better - Stop/Start works every time (if you like SS) - marginally more economical if driven sensibly - quite a bit more grunt. No Low SAPS oil required now so cheaper oil changes. Car now ticks over at 800rpm instead of 1000rpm all the time.

AUDI (f €¥kers) wanted £2600 + vat for replacement DPF and sensors. Absolutely furious!

Owned from new I had done 26k in 4.5 years - virtually none of it around town - all our local mileage is done in wifes diesel Smart CDI. I do not particularly hang around.

Despite owning the car from new and having it serviced buy Main Dealer no offer made against the cost.

DPF stuff is a joke.

Reactions: nin