Audi A6 2.0TFSI Quattro Sport - Thinking of Cancelling Order

wecanseeformiles

Reaction score
I'm currently leasing an Audi A4 1.4 TFSI S- Line manual, which I'm quite happy with. I've signed a contract to replace it with another leased Audi, an Audi A6 2.0TFS Quattro Sport S-Tronic in December with no options apart from different 18'' alloy wheels. The deal seemed great at £8,000 for two years at 10k miles p.a. (it's no longer available).

However, I've been reading that the base suspension and steering is not that great and that the interior doesn't really wow in sports spec. I'm wondering now if I should try and cancel the order and save some money by extending the lease on my current A4. What's everybody's thoughts? Is this Audi A6 just a boring big barge?

I'm not sure if theres many on here with the Sport spec,I think most of us are S-Line owners.
I know theres one or two with the 2.0 TFSI engine though and that seemed to go down well.

I'm currently leasing an Audi A4 1.4 TFSI S- Line manual, which I'm quite happy with. I've signed a contract to replace it with another leased Audi, an Audi A6 2.0TFS Quattro Sport S-Tronic in December with no options apart from different 18'' alloy wheels. The deal seemed great at £8,000 for two years at 10k miles p.a. (it's no longer available).

However, I've been reading that the base suspension and steering is not that great and that the interior doesn't really wow in sports spec. I'm wondering now if I should try and cancel the order and save some money by extending the lease on my current A4. What's everybody's thoughts? Is this Audi A6 just a boring big barge?
Why not go and look at one and see if you can test drive something similar. Personally, whilst other opinions are useful, often as not they are subjective and, in forums, often unnecessarily biased towards the negative. Trust in your own opinion first and try to keep an open mind...

Reactions: NevMan
The 2.0 engine is quite quick but the A6 is a big car and heavy so it isn’t going to set your world alight in performance or handling terms.

I guess the question is, what do you want from the car?

I’ve got the avant Quattro tfsi in Sline trim and it does exactly what I want, it’s very comfortable, fairly nippy and handles ok for its size. A nice relaxing drive and my fishing gear fits!

If you haven’t had a drive of one I wouldn’t order it.

Reactions: NevMan
I have a Sport spec 40TDi and as far as the interior is concerned there is little difference between a Sport and S-Line. Main differences are the Sports Seats and a black rather than light grey headliner. On the Sport you get leather seat facing as standard whilst the S-Line comes with Leather/Alcantara as standard. The steering is no different between Sport and S-Line, although the 19" wheels may give a slightly different level if interaction but it will be marginal. Regarding suspension I find the standard suspension just fine, especially given the state of the roads in Surrey and London. As others have said, try and see if you can drive the two back to back, but I am certainly very happy with the Sport spec and it is a big improvement over the C7 I had previously

Reactions: cuke2u