audi a6 40 tdi outside trim not lineing up properly.

jack

Reaction score
Hi,
New to this site . I have just bought a used approved Audi A6 Avant 40 tdi sline all be it only 3 months old from new.
My question is has anyone else noticed on there car the rear offside door chrome trim not matching up with the rear side window chrome trim.

When you look at the passenger side rear door the trim matches up perfectly.
Overall the rest of the car trims matching up perfectly.
When you look from above at the rear door (bedroom window ) it looks like the door is not closed properly but it is.
I didn't notice it when I went to view it at first because the car was covered in frost .
Does anyone no what the tolerances are for gap finishes on Audis.
Also I checked to see if any damage had happened to the door by checking the hinges and screws etc, but appeared all new .
Thanks for any help.

Jack.

The trim on the drivers side matches up perfectly .

I will look properly in morning .and report back.when you say 3 month old still delivery miles?

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

The car has done 600 miles. It was a demonstrator and used by one of the salesman. thanks.

May be u can use your right of 30 day and less than 1000 miles to xchange your car.if it is not fit the way it should be.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Can you post a photo so we can see how bad it is?
If something is obviously not correct, take it straight back to the dealer and get them to remedy it.

Reactions: DaveW
photos of passenger and drivers trim. I can push the trim inwards slightly on the passengers side which then matches up perfectly but when you let go it moves out as before. I purchased the car from Yeovil audi and I live in Worthing sussex which is over 2 hours away.
I have been looking for a A6 Sline for ages and this one came up with Tec pack, sunroof, grey leather s line seats, 73 gallon tank.

I paid £34,500 for the car which is well under other cars out there with less spec.
This car had a list price of £49,000 new.

I will probably take it in to my local dealer to have a look.
Hence why I asked what tolerances do Audi have with gaps etc.
I would say that the gap is 2-4mm difference, maybe I am being to picky but in my line of work everything has to be spot on !!

Also as I mentioned before the rest of the car is perfect , everything lines up.
I wondered if the rear door might need adjusting slightly to bring it inward a fraction.
Thanks for all of your replies, I am new to this site but have owned Audis for a long time and currently also have a Mk 1 S3 which I bought new in 2000,
and still gives me a smile when I drive it.
Old school motoring!!

Attachments

• thumbnail 1.jpg
    thumbnail 1.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 227
  • thumbnail2.jpg
    thumbnail2.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 213
  • thumbnail3.jpg
    thumbnail3.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 222
  • thumbnail4.jpg
    thumbnail4.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 214
Ps I have included photos of the drivers side which is ok just to compare.

I'd definitely take it to your local dealer, get them to check it out.

Yes I agree. Whilst it is only slight, it is clearly noticeable, and the fact you say this:
"I can push the trim inwards slightly on the passengers side which then matches up perfectly but when you let go it moves out as before"
implies that maybe it hasn't quite been fitted properly.
Take it into the Worthing dealer. The worst they can say is, "sorry, that's within tolerance", so you haven't got anything to lose really.

Thanks for all your replies, will book the car in next week. on another note has any one have the bang Olsen sound system upgrade, my old Audi S3 has Bose system which sounds a lot better than the standard Audi sound system fitted to the my A6.
I thought that the Audi sound system fitted was actually made for Audi by Bose... I read it somewhere
, maybe I am wrong.
Also I red that the speakers take a while to bed in on the Audi sound system.
A friend of mine has the bang Olsen system in his q5 and it sounds excellent, you would of thought Audi would fit a decent system in a car that costs over £40000.
My father has a Fiat Panda easy that is 2 years old and the sound in that car is miles better than the A6 and £30000 cheaper !!

Hi Jack,
There is another thread that has just been raised about the B&O sound. Probably better to post your questions on that thread or start a new one, rather than having this thread about your trim get all mixed up?

photos of passenger and drivers trim. I can push the trim inwards slightly on the passengers side which then matches up perfectly but when you let go it moves out as before. I purchased the car from Yeovil audi and I live in Worthing sussex which is over 2 hours away.
I have been looking for a A6 Sline for ages and this one came up with Tec pack, sunroof, grey leather s line seats, 73 gallon tank.

I paid £34,500 for the car which is well under other cars out there with less spec.
This car had a list price of £49,000 new.

I will probably take it in to my local dealer to have a look.
Hence why I asked what tolerances do Audi have with gaps etc.
I would say that the gap is 2-4mm difference, maybe I am being to picky but in my line of work everything has to be spot on !!

Also as I mentioned before the rest of the car is perfect , everything lines up.
I wondered if the rear door might need adjusting slightly to bring it inward a fraction.
Thanks for all of your replies, I am new to this site but have owned Audis for a long time and currently also have a Mk 1 S3 which I bought new in 2000,
and still gives me a smile when I drive it.
Old school motoring!!
I’m sure the dealer will sort it for you. I wouldn’t put up with it as it would bug me badly every time I washed it - or looked out of the window. I’m sure it can be adjusted properly.

All sorted now thanks to Brighton Audi. Had a loan car C7 A6 Avant 2.0 TDI quattro for a few days all I can say is what a load of rubbish this was even though it was an 18 plate with only 8000 miles on the clock. The only good thing about the car was the Bose sound system.

All sorted now thanks to Brighton Audi. Had a loan car C7 A6 Avant 2.0 TDI quattro for a few days all I can say is what a load of rubbish this was even though it was an 18 plate with only 8000 miles on the clock. The only good thing about the car was the Bose sound system.
Glad you're sorted and hopefully get on with enjoying the C8.
Was it just a case of adjusting the door hinges?

Yes Dave, they also replaced the chrome trim along the rear door at the bottom of the window frame as it was not fitted on correctly as there was a gap of 4-5 mm which you could see compared to the drivers side. Audi build quality is a bit hit and miss at the moment as my friend as had the same sort of problem with his q5. Also looked at new cars in showrooms before buying and noticed trims not fitted correctly on a few. Hope your enjoying your car too.

Interesting... I've the same issue and only spotted it tonight. The trim on the rear doors doesn't quite line up with the rest of the car, only by around 2mm or so. Will add it to the list when I next pop in.