Audi A6 C6 2.0Tdi 2009 - How to find out if there is an 100mm balancer shaft or 77mm apart of dismantling it?

Al3x-Andu

Reaction score
Good day all,
I am so excited
Just bought a splendid Audi A6 C6 2.0Tdi 2009 , so I became THE 2nd owner of this amazin vehicle :blackrs4::footy:. I totally love it but I don't want to roll it as yet until I find out if this model is proned to the ussual balancer shaft issue.
I read the previous threads on this helpfull forum but I have to admit, I am a bit confused. Some colleagues said that until 2010 all of them are exposed to this risk.
I am trying to find out (without dismantling it) if there is an 100mm balancer shaft or 77mm apart of dismantling it?
Can you guys please help?
The car has 174k , full service history but there is no evidence of the shaft being replaced/upgraded.

VIN no: WAUZZZ4F8AN004380
Thanks in advance

Keep your wheel spinning and your eyes open !
"Belive you can and you are already half way through "

Unless someone has had the shaft replaced then it's most likely the 77mm shaft. I would replace it regardless for piece of mind.

Reactions: Al3x-Andu
Thanks for your reply B5NUt
You're right.
Few moments received a reply from KMB parts direct too , they confirmed what you just said that my CAHA engine use the 77mm and I need kit 9.

,,Hi
Thanks for the enquiry
Unfortunately it doesn’t matter if it’s a 77mm or a 100mm drive key, they all fail, the 100mm last a bit longer but still fail in the end.
Yours is on the 77mm drive key
The replacement balance shaft you would require is out kit 9 should you wish to replace it

Many Thanks
KMB Parts Direct,,

Om the same note, can the replacement job be done by any local authorised garage and how long usually take in terms of time/£££?
Cheers