Audi A6 C7 rear parking sensor Fault

Dan England

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
New Posting on here but im having a problem with my 2014 A6 S-line ultra rear parking sensors.

They stopped working after i presume someone reversed into me in a car park and drove away as there was small mark on driver side rear bumper and rear parking sensors stopped working.

Fault i am getting is:
Supply voltage for park assist sensor Open circuit/short circuit to ground.

I thought issue might be a damaged sensor from the impact it got, replaced sensor but issue is sill there.
Checked fuse and this is good.
All wiring on connectors to sensors look ok, no frayed or damaged wires.
I get the long beep when put into reverse. Parking aid screen shows and x on rear parking sensors, front sensors are working ok.
Cannot see any post on here already with similar issue.

If anyone has experienced an issue like this any help is appreciated.

Last edited:
May be a different one which has died? I tested all mine by putting the car in reverse, licking my finger and touching each one you can feel the ultrasonic pulse on the sensors which work and not on the dead one.

When I changed my dead one though I had to reset all fault codes for the reverse parking aids to work again.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Just resolved my rear parking sensor issue but mine was due to damaged wiring caused by it sitting on the hot exhaust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for reply ill check theses out and few other things and let ye know the result.

Just in case you get round to digging deeply into this problem, the cable wiring to these parking sensors is as follows:- a common supply is sent out to each sensor daisy chained from one to the other, a common return is sent out to every sensor again daisy chained from one to the other, individual signal lines come back from every sensor, so that cable assembly will have 6 wires in total.

If you removed the entire cable, ie unplugged from every sensor and the parking controller, you could "buzz it out" and find out where it is has failed and fix it - or just buy in another rear bumper parking cable form. Very each to repair a cable form with the correct tools and material, I retro fitted front parking sensors too my S4 and the Kufatec cableform was not the best made lengths wise, so I staggered some cuts and extended all the cables in two or three places to make it "perfect" fit!

Hi Dan, did you get this resolved? - believe i'm having the same issue. Thanks

Hi Tom,
Yea I got it shorted. I removed bumper and turned out the loom was actually snapped. I ordered up replacement loom and installed and working fine without issue. Was able to install loom and sensors without removing bumper a second time. Any other questions let me know.

Hi Tom,
Yea I got it shorted. I removed bumper and turned out the loom was actually snapped. I ordered up replacement loom and installed and working fine without issue. Was able to install loom and sensors without removing bumper a second time. Any other questions let me know.

How much was the loom mate. Need one for mine

I got my one on eBay for 45 euro. Loom is abit longer than original but think this is better because my original seemed to snap under a small bit of strain. Hope this helps.

Reactions: mrbroons
Just had this same problem. Parked up and was fine, came back 2 hours later and broken. No obvious signs of damage.

do you have the part number for the loom or is it best to check ETKA? I have a 2012 Allroad.
Cheers
MrB

Here is the VCDS scan from the car, I plan on doing a video of replacement if anyone is interested. I'll add my YouTube details to my sig.

Address 10: Park/Steer Assist (J446) Labels:| 4H0-919-475-7X2.clb
Part No SW: 4H0 919 475 AG HW: 4H0 919 475 AG
Component: PARKHILFE ACC H01 0072
Revision: 11001001 Serial number: 61061214300652
Coding: 08C30C

1 Fault Found:
1078804 - Rear Left Parking Aid Sensor
B1076 14 [008] - Open or Short to Ground
Intermittent - Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00000001
Fault Priority: 3
Fault Frequency: 3
Reset counter: 46
Date: 2021.12.11
Time: 10:35:32

Check the loom carefully INSIDE the car. From the plug to the grommet I bet you have a break in the wire there.

Reactions: mrbroons
You don't need to remove the bumper to check it. It's in the rhs corner and fairly easy to access